The "What have you done today?" thread.

Yambo

On 3/23/2018 at 9:32 PM, JustBlowingInTheWind said:

Just thought. How many times has an electronic communication been miss-understood? How long before we go to war over an electronic communication? It's important to see the facial expression during conversation. Seriously, one tweet. One honest to goodness good nature'd joke, taken the wrong way because someone couldh't see a lop-sided grin.

Agree completely, Brian.  This addiction we have to electronic communication is crazy.  Every communication we have with another human is done through an electronic device, eliminating the human element.  And that so many believe the nonsense bantered about on social media is only sowing division and discord.

Edited by Julie Mo

28 minutes ago, Julie Mo said:

This addiction we have to electronic communication is crazy.  Every communication we have with another human is done through an electronic device, eliminating human the human element.  And that so many believe the nonsense bantered about on social media is only sowing division and discord.

Especially since even our highest elected official has been resorting to firing his staff via tweets!  :huh:  Unfortunately, anyone in that position could really cause some major problems that could very easily get way out of hand if they aren't careful.

29 minutes ago, Julie Mo said:

...the nonsense bantered about on social media is only sowing division and discord.

The sowing of discord and division is the pure definition of evil. It's been going on since the beginning of time in one venue or another. Today it's the net technology. Tomorrow, it will be something else.

I ordered a pair of Seenhieser RF 195 wireless headphones, $299, top of the line they said. Unboxed them, hooked them up, charged the battery. This morning the green battery charged light was on, put on Procul Harum Salty Dog album put these bad boys on and was fully, totally blown away by how TERRIBLE these Headphones are. Sound is tinny with no volume. Returning to Amazon today.

15 hours ago, JustBlowingInTheWind said:

So last night I had a seizure. 1st in a decade. One more within the year and I lose my driver's license.

Did not know what this English word meant.
Googled it on google translate, and looks not good

Get well soon and hopefully this does not come back.

Lost my camera, so can't provide pictures, but here is the news. Tues. I went to the hardware store to get some plumbing pieces, and forgot I had our small trailer on the back. When I got back in I backed up without taking the trailer into account, the trailer swung around and the stakebed corner dented the rear fender! Massive Brain Fart Moment! (Can,t see the trailer from inside the truck.)

Fixed the kitchen sink plumbing (some supports had broken and the pipe settled and broke at a fitting, under the house), but when I ran the water, there is a plugage somewhere past where my small snake can reach! Bad day all around!

I found my long snake, so will run it down today, after wife's shopping trip.

6 minutes ago, lmagna said:

hit the 'like'

I agree. I'll acknowledge and offer sympathy this way.

I can never remember. Is it sympathy, or empathy in this case. If I recall it's better to say compassion vs empathy - being able to put ones' self in the others shoes. In this case I think I feel compassion, but I could also certainly imagine what is being gone through.

On 4/5/2018 at 5:08 AM, Backer said:

and looks not good

Definitely not fun. It will never go away though but it can be controlled. For my case anyway. What I had was mild. Blurred vision, sweaty, dizzy, can't focus or think. Those I've had since my early 20's and I thought they were panic attacks because my sister has them. Then my psychiatrist put me on a pill that increases the chance of a seizure. 

That's the only time I ever hit the ground and shook and lost consciousness. THAT was strange. That's probably what you read about. They no longer frighten me. I'm just concerned for my license. Though I can understand why no one would want someone passing out and smashing on the gas pedal.

Ah well, I'm manic and I love me.

Here in Florida, sinkholes are an issue. A huge issue. They swallow entire houses and sometimes more. Forgive my natural inclination to hear settlement and automatically think "sinkhole". 

Lot of insurance companies are now failing to cover sinkhole damage unless it's carried as a separate and expensive rider on the policy.

2 hours ago, thibaultron said:

After gluing in a union the pipes now flow fine.

Not to second guess you Ron, but I think if I had to cut the line in half to fix a clog like that I would have installed a clean out instead of a coupling when I was done. Makes it much easier if you have to come back some day. It is also kind of funny, (Not the HE HE kind) that the straps rusted. My house is 120 years old and has some of the original stuff still in place and the straps show no wear at all. Do you possibly have excessive moisture under your house?

Lou

Edited by lmagna

My house is in reality, a mobile home, so construction standards are quite low, and crawl spaces can be a bit humid at times. At least I own it and the land outright. In the future I will add a cleanout, but last night all I had available at home was a couple of extra couplers, and I wanted to get the job over with.