Byrnes Saw Auction - See in Naut General Discussion ×
newbuilder101

Weather Report - post your significant weather - past or present

It's a sunny Friday, temp at 42°F (5°C), snow melting slowly which is good as the weekend of 22-24 will provide temperature at 60°F (15°C).

Time to get the motorcycle ready. Just waiting for the roads to be cleaned from all gravel.

Edited by Nirvana

We hit a record high for this date - 72 F .  Very sunny skies, snow almost gone except in deep shade areas. BUT don't break out the shorts and flip-flops just yet, going to have a 30 degree drop in next couple of days....

Sunday = A Sunny Day, and so it is. A Beautiful clear sky no wind. Snow melting but not creating any floods.
Temp at mid-day is 40°F. Went out for a walk with Murphy between 3 and 4. Now at 48°. Very nice!

Got into the mid 50s today. Got my car washed and the trailer put away in it's parking pad. (Took it out to set it up in hopes that this new to us method of camping is just around the corner, along with the warm weather). Went to the Lowes and bought the wrong lock so that I can make the mandatory return trip tomorrow to exchange for the right one, then to the bank to move enough money to cover the rubber check I wrote yesterday. The got my youngest kid's car running. Decided that was enough physical labor for one day and didn't wash the family or wife's car and took an afternoon nap.

I noticed this large yellow orb in the sky the whole time. I vaguely remember seeing such a thing at some point in the past but I'm pretty certain it is not a good thing.:huh::wacko: 

21 hours ago, lmagna said:

I noticed this large yellow orb in the sky the whole time. I vaguely remember seeing such a thing at some point in the past but I'm pretty certain it is not a good thing.:huh::wacko: 

Lou, 

That yellow orb does exists, it's not a myth. And it's a good thing.

Apparently I have just returned from a short visit to The Great White North. (Ah-la Bob and Doug McKenzie)  Or was it just Door County?  It was hard to tell with the amount of snow that still had our place up there locked in tight.  Judge for yourself below.  With intentions of taking down the winter decorations we were stymied by all of the hard packed snow piles.  We had no way of getting to the shed out back and needed the development manager to turn on the water supply when we got there and turn it off again when we left.  He had to climb over a four foot mound of frozen snow to get at the valve.

100_5395.thumb.JPG.f9d15aece7470a2c2510dc579befb6fc.JPG

100_5396.thumb.JPG.7d513119c98ededaa12d49f6f2d1587d.JPG

The waters of Green Bay are still a solid mass of ice and snow.  Of course when the temps at night were still in the teens and daytime temps in the middle 30's, it's kind of hard to melt it down.  Maybe spring will get there sometime in April!  At least here at home it is getting into the upper 50's now and only the most stubborn piles of snow have finally given in. 

Today was 74 degrees F!!  First day in the 70's since Oct. of last year (176 days) OK,OK. This is WI after all, so I knew as soon as the weatherman announced this that we would pay for that.  Sure enough the weatherman no sooner said that, when he (in the same breath) said to expect snow on Wednesday!!:huh:  Whoopee, I just love WI weather!!

Well, it got to 83, sunny and a bit of a breeze here in Boynton Beach Florida.  Played tennis this morning.  Right now (10 PM) it's about 74.

I know, it's tough...

We seem to be in monsoon season here which is a bit strange.  Light off and on rain much of the day/night but afternoons if just pours down like a dam broke and continues for a few hours.  

2 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

We seem to be in monsoon season here which is a bit strange.  Light off and on rain much of the day/night but afternoons if just pours down like a dam broke and continues for a few hours.  

One of the worst experiences of my working career was in the late 90's and 2000. Rains started and lasted for months...began in late November and didn't let up until fall the next year. I was the operations manager for the county road and stormwater drainage systems at the time. We worked so many hours that year, it was ridiculous. Nothing much could be done about it, but politics demanded we make a showing regardless of how futile our efforts were. It was like we were constantly trying to put 20 pounds in a five pound sack. No matter how many times you try and do that, it just doesn't work.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:11 PM, BETAQDAVE said:

expect snow on Wednesday!!:huh:

Well, it appears that the weatherman was right this time as it is now 34 F degrees and it looks like a blizzard out there right now.  Expecting to get several inches of some very heavy wet snow.  Just perfect for aching backs and cardiac episodes.  Mr. Groundhog is thinking of burrowing deeper right about now.:D

On 4/10/2019 at 1:43 PM, BETAQDAVE said:

Well, it appears that the weatherman was right this time as it is now 34 F degrees and it looks like a blizzard out there right now.  Expecting to get several inches of some very heavy wet snow.  Just perfect for aching backs and cardiac episodes.  Mr. Groundhog is thinking of burrowing deeper right about now.:D

Does this post seem familiar?  I can say the same thing for our weather right now!  

100_5503.thumb.JPG.bc8b3e4436ba1baacb9752352a18afd3.JPG

Mind you it's now April 27!!!! This is the third snow storm that we have had here this month.   Once again several inches (up to eight) are expected, with lows in the twenties for tonight and sub normal temps for next week. 

Personally, I'm thinking that maybe Mr. Groundhog should just quietly retire and move down south somewhere.  I just had our lawn mowed yesterday and had already put the snow blower away for the season for Pete sake!

41 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Mark, I spent a couple of summer days in your town a number of years ago. Almost killed me!!!!:( I think Hell may be cooler on some days!

The first time I stepped off a plane and onto the tarmac at Phoenix, it felt like I was standing behind the exhaust and radiator fan of a city bus. Man, it was hot. A guy I met from Phoenix told me you get used to the heat. He said he would get cold sometimes when wearing short pants and a tee shirt. That was then and still is, hard to believe.

This is what we woke up to Sunday morning.

100_5508.thumb.JPG.7d00c6ae9722fc1a64697c029374740d.JPG

100_5507.thumb.JPG.ded4d08911c5809aff8515fabfecee5e.JPG

100_5511.thumb.JPG.7d6e2669b431befc9cb3444b9dc4d39a.JPG

Obviously the worst of it missed us as just a little SW of us they got 6 inches.  That was lucky for us as you can see in the photos a lot of our trees have already budded out and could catch a heavy load of snow which I'm sure would have brought down some heavy branches.  Even though temps are still in the lower 50's the snow just couldn't handle it.  I must admit though, it did paint a pretty picture.   Enough is enough though, please stop.

It was my wife's turn where she wanted us to live when we retired. We were living in Texas at the time and she wanted to return to Michigan where she grew up. I was born in Texas but I never got used to the oppressive heat.....96 degrees at 3 AM durning the height of summer. I was not sorry to see Texas in my rearview mirror when we moved. 

Edited by Keith Black

Well, a late snow fall on April 29 is apparently followed with an early one today.  So that makes for a 7 month winter in Wisconsin this year!:stunned:

100_5825.thumb.JPG.c9669c8e97e2d9b8344809fc81a3af49.JPG

100_5826.thumb.JPG.c0bdf2adec92ccbd0e5f0d382e73a6fd.JPG

With the loss of a major portion of our tree out back this summer,  that same view is not so impressive now.

Seems odd seeing all this snow on Halloween decorations rather than on the ones for Christmas.

100_5827.thumb.JPG.a3d5cc137450b68509a40dbbec3222e1.JPG

100_5828.thumb.JPG.c91732f0060220f8d309ed5bc94c904d.JPG

100_5829.thumb.JPG.f9ed9f7f724af552d416a033e2f53ba8.JPG

We are also expecting another snow fall this Wednesday and Thursday for Halloween!

Had a severe storm passing through last night. Was able to save the grill and glass top table before they were damaged.  This morning my back yard had chairs everywhere. No power outage which was good. Temp was at 28 but wind made it colder. Constant wind at 35mph gusts towards 45 to 50. No damages to report. This morning it's cold. 22 degrees, but sunny.

Last week we had heavy rain and sporadic high winds. 11 o'clock Friday night one of the 125 foot oaks in my neighbour's garden gave up. It fell straight through the only gap in the surrounding oaks and went across a boundary line into another neighbour's land. Missed everything except the fence, just short of the house.

That tree was around before Trafalgar. I am now studying the other six trees of the same vintage and telling the Admiral over and over 'they can't reach us, honest'.