Vasa by Ulises Victoria - FINISHED - Corel - Scale 1: 75 - Royal Ship

Thank you Ferit.

No the blocks and deadeyes are not from the kit. I bought them from Jerzy at JBModel.eu, who apparently is out of business.

However, check Syren (http://www.syrenshipmodelcompany.com/) owned by a member of this forum, for excellent blocks and other things.

There is no plan for sails in the kit, so I am following some other sources for the rigging of them.

Thanks for your comments. 

Ulises,

Welcome back!! Nice to see you posting again.

As I've mentioned before your rigging work is so so excellent. The ship is looking great. AND thanks for that link for the deadeyes, and rope. Ferit, of course, has an amazing eye for details, and he saw that the deadeyes were excellent. I will purchase from them.

Regards,

MIchael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

This is looking good Ulises.

I found out also that these blocks are not available anymore, I used these also on my Statenjacht, but I do not have enough blocks now for my Wasa.

Maybe we can locate an alternative supplier for the same blocks as JBmodels delivered in the past.

JanV. I'm planning to get blocks for my Royal Louis (most likely my next build) from Chuck Passaro here. http://www.syrenshipmodelcompany.com/

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Awesome job. My 1sr build was the billings vasa. Before laser cut parts.it was a hard build to start off. I sold it when it was finished.You have inspired me to build anothe. The corel kit looks great-is ot good? And what reference source are you using? or is it straight from the box? ti will follow your build with interest. Mike

post-76-0-66050700-1376175365.gifpost-76-0-89646600-1376175303.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ulises, how are you?

It has been a wile. Firs happy birthday, although a little late. Hope you had a great day.

Other then that, congratulations on your ship. She is looking great. Nice, clean and beautiful.

Take care of your self

Talk to you soon

Regards Polo

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for not answering those Happy Birthday wishes from all of you. Even though I am supposed to be following this thread, I get no email notices that posts have been made. To all of you a big THANK YOU!!!

I am posting just a few photos of a very small advance in my build. I had all the shrouds of the fore mast placed with their deadeyes. Somehow I did not like how they were coming out, and with great pain, took a pair of scissors and cut them off to start all over again. So here is just a few photos of how the shrouds are placed around the foremast. Now I am happy :).

Again, sorry for my lack of photographing skills. :(

post-975-0-61442100-1395974516_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-56009800-1395974537_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-20838600-1395974552_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-62701600-1395974563_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-44390200-1395974585_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ulises Victoria

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Hi Ulises,

You are not the only one who received no notifications.

I have ( again ) the same problem.

I know how you feel….I did the same with the Le Mirage.

As far I can see it looks good now !

All the shrouds are still hanging loose and not attach to the deadeyes?

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

All the shrouds are still hanging loose and not attach to the deadeyes?

Yes Sjors. No deadeyes yet. Still undecided about order of things here: First ALL shrouds then deadeyes?, or place deadeyes after each mast or part of mast is completed?. My guess is that that is just a mater of choice, unless someone else has a different opinion?

I think you are right.

Choose the way you like and what works the best for you.

Just try one thing and another thing.

And make your choice!

Well Sjors, thinking about it, placing shrouds is one operation; tying deadeyes is another different operation. In my case, I think switching between operations is less efficient. But that's just me! :)

Ulises,

What i'm doing at the moment is…..first one pair of shrouds and then the deadeyes at the same hight.

Then the lanyards and then I go to the other side and doing the same.

I'll do it at this way so I'll be sure that all the deadeyes are at the same hight.

For me it is easier to do it this way then first place all the shrouds and then the deadeyes because the shrouds are twisting around each other.

It's the more difficult to see how the shrouds are running.

I say it before and say it again…do what works for you.

I keep a close eye to you  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

Hi Ullises,

Good to see some progress on your Vasa. And... nice shrouds!

Padeen (Adeline)

"When there is a will, there is a way"

Completed build: Le Camaret - Constructo - static wood 1:35  (build log, gallery)

Current build (very limited modelling time at the moment...): HMS Fly - Amati/Victory Models - static wood 1:64 (build log)

Projected build: HMS Victory - Chris Watton's design - static wood 1:64 (when available..., no rush!)

• 3 weeks later...

Test. These photos may be repeated. I'm doing a test to upload photos from photobucket to here.

You can add coments here...

or here
Vasa597_zps76656601.jpg
Comment OVER the url does not provide link to place of origin of the photo (Photobucket)
Comment BELOW the url DOES provide a link to the origin of the photo (Photobucket)
Vasa598_zps691a51a8.jpg
Vasa599_zps200244a0.jpg
Vasa600_zps4ed687fd.jpg
Vasa601_zps1f4a7ab8.jpg
Vasa602_zpsc0de04c4.jpg
Vasa603_zps68d3e423.jpg
Vasa604_zpsaee2f9e5.jpg
Vasa605_zps17e502ab.jpg
Vasa606_zpsfcceb1e4.jpg
Vasa607_zpsdd8f1fc7.jpg
Vasa608_zpsf4fbc2e6.jpg
Vasa609_zps2d69717b.jpg

It worked!!! I am leaving this post and comments here in case someone may have use for them. This (using Photobucket [FREE]) is a waaaay faster to place your photos in a build log.

Yes, it works very well.  The only downside is that if for some reason you delete your photobucket account or pictures, we get a small box with red-x's.   Anyway, good to know that it's working and working well.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. A small update just to show I have not been procrastinating  :P

I finished placing all deadeyes in the shrouds, and I'm working on the stays at the moment. When they are done I will rig the lanyards and lastly the dreaded ratlines. Next: Running rigging. Again: Sorry for bad photos.

Vasa611_zps5cc71139.jpg
Vasa612_zps6636857f.jpg
Vasa613_zps1987045a.jpg
Vasa614_zps6e7e8d80.jpg
Vasa615_zpsdf52f3ef.jpg
Vasa616_zpsd1ce4ff4.jpg
Vasa617_zpsdb09a828.jpg
Vasa618_zps6913653d.jpg
Vasa619_zps0ba63400.jpg
Vasa620_zps38fd6320.jpg
Vasa621_zpseb949611.jpg
Vasa622_zps31fa6c37.jpg

Bad photo's Ulises ????

Man, they are great !

The last one is just outstanding !

Are you sure that one is from your model and not from a real ship ?????

If it is your model….GREAT JOB !!!!!!

Gorgeous rigging Ulises, and the pics show it well.

I am always amazed at the talent on this site and how incredibly detailed and precise it can get. I'm with Sjors, that last one as well as a few others look like they were taken from a real full size ship.  :D   Another example for me to shoot for in my own work   ;)

You had done a fantastic job... Extraordinary...

And are these blocks kit supplies? I'm with ZyXuz, they are as from original... I like also the convoluted sails...

Another question please, is the mouse a knot?

Edited by ashiponthehorizon

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Wow! Thanks all for your comments!

Ferit. The blocks were purchased at JBModel in Europe, which unfortunately looks like it's out of businnes, and stained dark.

See our own Chuck's blocks here:

http://www.syrenshipmodelcompany.com/

The mouse is a knot, yes. According to Fred Hocker, main authority in Vasa research, there were no servings at all in Vasa's shrouds and stays. I am still at a loss about how the mouse in Vasa was made, so this is not definitive yet.

Nice progress Ulises! Your are doing a wonderful job on your rigging.

And stop kidding us about "bad" photos, please... I wish I could take some as good as yours!  :rolleyes:

Padeen (Adeline)

"When there is a will, there is a way"

Completed build: Le Camaret - Constructo - static wood 1:35  (build log, gallery)

Current build (very limited modelling time at the moment...): HMS Fly - Amati/Victory Models - static wood 1:64 (build log)

Projected build: HMS Victory - Chris Watton's design - static wood 1:64 (when available..., no rush!)

And stop kidding us about "bad" photos, please... I wish I could take some as good as yours!  :rolleyes:

Okay okay... maybe just the first one.  B)

And thanks for your words, Padeen!

Ulises,

Yes, your rigging is outstanding. You have also become an expert with your rope making tool. Beautiful work. Very admirable. You have set the bar very high for all of us, especially Vasa builders.

Yes, the mouse is a question isnt it? Maybe you could ask F. Hocker on the Warshipvasa . Book two (Vasa ), should be coming out fairly soon. That book will focus on rigging and sails.

¡hasta luego,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Ulises,

Yes, your rigging is outstanding. You have also become an expert with your rope making tool. Beautiful work. Very admirable. You have set the bar very high for all of us, especially Vasa builders.

Yes, the mouse is a question isnt it? Maybe you could ask F. Hocker on the Warshipvasa . Book two (Vasa ), should be coming out fairly soon. That book will focus on rigging and sails.

¡hasta luego,

Michael

Thanks Andy and Michael.

I just asked that question in the Vasa site. I asked there also when Vasa Book II was coming out and Fred said something like he was getting tired of ansering that question. I totally understand him.  B)