18th Century Longboat by samueljr - FINISHED

This boat looks beautiful. "Complete", sails, anchor and paddles for rowing. Personally, I think a boat is not complete when it doesn't have sails on it. I know the boat is a small scale so all the details are intense.

Just gorgeous and I am drooling over the details.

Marc

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Thanks Dutchman

I see you're wrapping up the YACHT MARY - one of my favorites.

I built her about 20 yrs ago (or so).

Do you have a build log or pics. I think she's one of the prettiest kits around and doesn't get enough credit.

Sam

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNDER DEVELOPMENT 

Do you have a build log or pics. I think she's one of the prettiest kits around and doesn't get enough credit.

Yes, I do and yes, she is not the "norm". Very few people built boats like these. Except the Dutch modelers on this site.

The Mary

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4294-the-first-royal-dutch-yacht-%E2%80%9Dmary%E2%80%9D-1646/

It is heavily bashed as she is not correct. Not much has changed in a hundred years (1650-1750) when it came to rigging and sails of the yachts. So I followed the Plans and the books from the Utrecht and some Dutch Paintings.

I like the boat and all types of yachts.

If you look at my signature, these are the boats I plan to build.

Marc

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).