Do you have animals to 'help' you build?

4 hours ago, Nirvana said:

see one cat and one dog.

I thought the lower dog looked kind of strange! I didn't want to say anything for fear of offending you about your "unusual" dog!:D

So now that we have established that breed, what is the other one?

My two are just like that, best buddies. They play all over the house usually two or three times a day. That is the dog bounces around in front of the cat until the cat attacks him and flips him on his back and puts his throat into a kill grip. He just lays there for a few seconds playing dead then jumps up for more. He will chase her then she him but eventually either she will jump onto something higher than where he can reach or he will become sidetracked by something shiny or that makes a noise. He is beginning to surprise her though. He has finally gotten big enough to be able to jump up onto places that he could not get to before and can now look down from these perches at the cat for a change! I saw him do it today and she just wandered around looking up not knowing what to do when she didn't have the strategic high ground.

1 hour ago, Nirvana said:

Tigger is very much like a dog in many ways.

Per,

We were just saying the same thing about ours as we watched them play at the foot of the bed this morning while we had our morning coffee. If we call either one of them they both come. The cat uses dog moves when she plays and the dog uses cat moves even though he doesn't really have the claws for it. Both of them pretty much eat and drink out of the same bowls even though the cat doesn't care for dog food all that much. The dog will eat both. The cat has learned to beg at dinner just like the dog but for the most part won't bother to eat what she is handed. No such problem with the dog! He will even eat his flea pill and chew on the wrapper afterward!:huh:

So how big does a Bassett/Cairn Terrier mix get?

BTW Tigger was the name of out last cat that we had for about 18 years. He died this last year and my wife was devastated so  we got our present terrorist cat. Named her Lulu of all things but she thinks her name is "Kitty Kitty."

55 minutes ago, lmagna said:

So how big does a Bassett/Cairn Terrier mix get?

Murphy is fully grown boy, 40 lbs pure muscle. He has the short legs of a Bassett but the jumping capability of a terrier.

Both of them are characters, fun to be around. Tigger eats dog food when he gets a chance and vise versa. 

Just as a word of warning. A dog can live on cat food, but a cat can not live on dog food. Cats require a certain vitamin/food thing, in their diet, or they will go blind. Dog food does not contain this extra adative, cat food does. dog food every now and then, won't hurt the cat, but it must have a steady diet of cat food.

My cats won't touch the dog food anyway, but try to keep the dogs out of the cat food!

We are like Per.

The main part of their diet is pretty much from scratch. We have two bowls that are down all of the time for them to eat as they want. One cat and one dog food. The dog will eat either but seems to eat the cat food more often. The cat eats her cat food almost exclusively and for that matter seems to prefer it over the more normal looking prepared food we give her.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My little helpers, although they prefer the great outside over remaining quietly under a table or so.

Here's father (right) and son "playing", sort of ...

DSC_5025-2skl.JPG.cd0ee0023d14b257e0038c5dbf0baf63.JPG

Dad is part Husky, part Bouvier Bernois (Bernese Mountaindog), son is part dad and part Appenzeller, another Swiss breed.

Dog ballet ...

DSC_0114_2skl.JPG.6b70eb5ace587404663a6870a6bd7a45.JPG

Picture below: Murphy (the son) sadly passed away last year when a neighbor had been negligent with rat poison. I still get angry when I think about it. Miss the little bugger.

DSC_2145-2skl.thumb.JPG.c45167ff22e19e9267d502dcec01de0d.JPG

Picture below: Dad in his prime, winter 2013. He's nearly 15 now, sleeps a lot, doesn't really want to go out but he's still stubborn as they come. When I yell "COME HERE OR WHAT" he comes. Or what. Wonder how long he'll be with us.

DSC_5073-2skl.JPG.e5fb6bf614491c52e2f4a24e8432e2c5.JPG

Cheers

Pieter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No more cats for us. Our last guy went over the rainbow bridge about 6 mos ago - at the age of 25! Now it just me and my shadow - as seen in my profile pic. He's damn near as big as I am, but very lovable - and I don't have to worry about him walking all over my build table tugging at the rigging. He just waits at my feet hoping I'll drop something he can chew on.😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I've said before, I do my modeling in a, mostly, cat free area. However, I do my writing for the build logs in the house, and have the "help" of the cats in the writing of them!

Here is the newest helper. He has a special fondness for helping me type, by running back and forth across the keys, or chasing my fingers as I type!

Nano.jpg.8fbce9432dd2f68d64fd0dbf051c4c48.jpg

• 3 weeks later...