HMS Victory by dragzz - Corel - scale 1/98

Do you have a picture of the bow section with the gun supports? They show guns in column lines 1,2 and 3. The drawings indicate enough room but my column lines are to close together unless I cut out some of the column supports. You said you were going to install some supports for the mast but it appears you have blocked yo self out of doing it.

right now it going a bit slow for me iam waiting on some wood right now not to sure when it will get here   not to sue when i get back to the ship yard sorry for that

going to be working on the bow tonight  i will put pic up later on ok  sorry for the slow work so far i do not want to go fast at it  ok

no rush.....take your time ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

tys popeye i will not rush it at all if i have a hard with it i will stop and ask for help sid going to take a look at my plans to see if can help i will up them here as well to see what poeple can help 

iam haveing a hard time with the gun ports to get them right on both sides when u plank it  u cant see them and the plans are not 1.1 with the model  just haveing a real hard time with it 

post-2052-0-87986900-1393027794_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-78365600-1393027806_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-72347800-1393027819_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-99406200-1393027832_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-02730900-1393027861_thumb.jpg

in the pic u will see how i have to put the wood in the frams i dont think i got it going right i can still take them off dont want go any more till i can get some help to make sure its going right as popeye says better to ask for help lol   if u can help ples do thank u to u all

all is good so far i had to redo all the gun supports got one sid done so far and just right i cut up my plans to use as a template its good i have a sec copy of the plans for the ship its all good. going to do more tommow will have pic up soon 

ok harm here a little i did on the bow i had to redo all the suppots  here a pic of the bow hope it helps upost-2052-0-27754800-1393063881_thumb.jpg

ok now i have both sides all redone  for the guns supports thay are in line now what a task that was but its all done looking better  now all i got to do is cut in to the frames  to set for the gun ports not to sure if i will do that i might keep thos ones closed it just wont look right to me show all the guns or just some i would like to know what u all think thank u 

post-2052-0-12533800-1393098338_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-37264200-1393098349_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-03977600-1393098362_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-18571300-1393098376_thumb.jpg

yes harm i was going to do the same thing keep some of them closed   i think it will look just as good not all open  it will give it that nice look

it's also something you don't usually see in a build.......and just for the sake of a little extra detail.   I'm as detail oriented as the next guy,  but there would be a natural feel to it.   I'm sure there were times,  where the complete gun battery was not needed.   build 'er as you see fit..........you'll be much happier for it  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

u are right there popeye  for me it cutting the frames will not be fun but for the exp at it will be great for me so iam going for it iam going to cut the frames out going to take a while for me to get it done i know theres no rush i can work on the victory 7 days a week i not working any more so for me it will be great exp for me iam in for the long haule  lol

ok in the pic u will see  looks like card stock with wood on it but dont know how to get it off of it  iam a long way from this part just want to know how to get it off of it  befor i get to this stage  this the corel kit

post-2052-0-54087600-1393431288_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-84560600-1393431303_thumb.jpg

like poeple all ways say ask befor u try if u can help ples do and thank u

Edited by dragzz

If I am reading the instructions correctly it says " Do not detach the thinner parts from the supporting cardboard but cut them out and apply with the latter. This is in the instructions under Assembly Instructions page 22.

I am having trouble understanding the stern of the ships hull. It appears the planking wraps around the sides and terminates at the rudder support.Did you modify part extensively? I look at your pictures and I'm not sure what you did.

Dragzz your question stirred the interest in me. I took the piece that has the bow deck supports (4 pieces) and cut them out with a pair of scissors and a sharp knife. As I trimed the pieces, the cardboard backing begin to separate  from the plastic. I didn't pull it off completely but it will come off easily. It appears the back can be lightly sanded and then painted if required. I am waiting on others to respond.

tys harm thats good to know i will try it when i get to that stage going to start planking soon just waiting on wood to get to me still. i know about the black paint for the gun ports tys for the great info

Edited by dragzz

This morning looking at the model I realized the some of the gun mounts are away from basic supports. I was wondering if when you cut the planking for the gun holes would the necessary support be there. I am thinking that a vertical support might be required around the edge of the opening. The opening is about 10 mm sq plus framing. What do you think?

I value your opinion as you model looks great.

hello harm i agree with u on the  vertical support for the gun ports i think it will help iam just looking at diff ways to deal with it befor i start to plank  the ship i will let u know soon what iam going to do with it   

here is a bit of an update. i just added a strip of planking to the victory to see if it right . it not glued i used some nails just to hold it in place.  it does not look right   to me let me know what u all think thanks.

post-2052-0-54045400-1393569829_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-53560100-1393569852_thumb.jpg

i see that i just trying to line some stuff up so var its going well going to start planking reel soon

here a bit of an update.  so far i have started the planking  just the frist stage of plank  so far its going well going to take a bit of time to get it all done . at last i started it lol   here some pic of it if there something  u see wrong ples let me know thanks.

post-2052-0-40210400-1393651567_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-38676100-1393651582_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-69536400-1393651595_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-87448200-1393651609_thumb.jpg

looking mighty fine Dragzz!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thank u popeye for your kind words as allways  its looking good so far

luca_b welcome to my build log.   and yes dont try this kit  if  u are just started out . and thank u for your kind words

hello dave  i made a mistake  on the planking with the nails do u think i should try to take them out or use a punch to drive them in the wood more not to sure what to do there

Edited by dragzz