Song Title Game

Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid - Hall & Oates (Big Bam Boom album)  Written by John Hall in 1984.

I have it on The Very Best Of Hall & Oates album. 

It's one of the quotes that I remember from the movie Shawshank Redemption.

“I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don’t want to know. Some things are better left unsaid. I’d like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can’t expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it.”

Better Be Home Soon - Crowded House.

Don't know how well known they are everywhere else, but a classic New Zealand band that was also very popular in Oz. Put out some brilliant stuff. Lead singer Neil Finn, who'd previously been in Split Enz (who did Six Months in a Leaky Boat).

It's All Been Done -  Barenaked Ladies  (Stunt album)  1998       

I have it on the All Their Greatest Hits 1991-2001 album.  

Wicked Game - Chris Isaak  (Heart Shaped World album) 1989 

The song was written by Chris and is best remembered from the somewhat racy MTV black and white video that was shot in Hawaii at Kamoamoa beach on the big island.  The black-sand beach was created from lava flowing to the ocean from from Kilauea volcano, just a mile distant.  It was soon covered over by lava not long after the video was shot.  

Edited by BETAQDAVE

Short People - Randy Newman  (Little Criminals album) 1977 

The song was widely misinterpreted as a prejudiced attack by him on short people, but as is stated in the bridge "short people are just the same as you and I" this was merely a satire of people who think this way.