Song Title Game

Don't Let Me Down - The Dave Clark Five  (Released as the "B" side of the single "Satisfied With You".)  1966

I have it on "The History Of The Dave Clark Five [Disc 1]". 

Posted (edited)

Tomorrow Never Knows - Beatles. Possibly the weirdest song they ever recorded (even weirder than Revolution No. 9 and I am the Walrus).

And yes, I'm a Beatles freak. As each new Beatles album came out I used to think that when all the songs on this album stopped sounding weird, it was time for a new one to come out. But Tomorrow Never Knows never stopped sounding weird.

Edited by Louie da fly

Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen - Louis Armstrong  (Louis And The Good Book album) 1958

(The song itself is an African-American spiritual that originated back during the period of slavery, but was not                                                                  published until 1867.)

Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel) - Roy Orbison   (Lonely And Blue album) 1960

This was his first major hit song.  I also have the version recorded by Chris Isaac in 1996 which is nearly as good.

Posted (edited)

There are so many songs with "Love" in the title, it's a bit of a no-brainer. 

So I'm putting up a rather unusual one from my own time and place - The Loved One by the Loved Ones

- an Australian band from the 60's. Saw them in concert in Mandurah when I was in my teens. Lead singer Gerry Humphries. Pretty much revolutionised the Oz rock scene of the time.

Edited by Louie da fly