Spaceman Spiff

Song Title Game

This one may bring up some unpleasant memories for many of us.

Going Up The Country - Canned Heat (Vietnam: Songs From A Divided House album)

Up Around The Bend – Credence Clearwater Revival 

This one came out in 1970, a little after the Tet Offensive when the .... really hit the fan.  While this particular song had little to do with the war, the B side was titled: Run Through The Jungle.  When you listen to the lyrics of that song, it could almost have been a theme song for so many of our Army and Marine veterans of that war.

While I was not in the Army long enough to be sent there, I can still remember when on leave for X-mas from Basic Training, the unpleasant looks and comments directed my way on the planes and terminals.  At that time we were required to wear our dress uniform (I'm not sure if that is still true) for travel to and from duty, so you were easy to pick out in a crowd. (In stark contrast to current attitudes toward returning veterans, back then, you were not well received when in uniform, and many returning vets felt like outcasts and tried to hide the fact for many years after that, they had ever even served.)

Almost all you said is true in most of the big cities, (Like Oakland where I was discharged less than 24 hours after leaving SE Asia) but even when you got home and took the uniform off you still stood out like a sore thumb. You looked and acted like you still had it on no matter what you did. And yes we kept our veteran status secret for years. It wasn't until the middle of the Reagan administration when some of us realized we could at last come out of the closet and get an occasional "Welcome home".

17 hours ago, BETAQDAVE said:

Up Around The Bend – Credence Clearwater Revival 

9 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

My own Way  Duran Duran  - sums up  my ship building pace....

Oops, looks like we may have lost our train of thought here.  Lest we forgot, in the original post started by Spaceman Spiff way back in 2013 he wrote: Here's the rules: We start with a song title. Then the next post has to have a word in it from that song title.

Since the train has already left the station so to speak, I'll pick it up again here with this one to follow Rich's Walk This Way.

On The Way Home -Buffalo Springfield (Retrospective album)

Good catch,, I didn't even notice😎

Home Sweet Home

Motley Crue

Side note- Motley Crue's movie, "The Dirt" om netflix is a fun watch. 

Mama I'm Coming Home - Ozzie Osbourne  (No More Tears album)

This song is about Ozzy's wife, Sharon. They met when her father, Don Arden, was managing Black Sabbath. After they married, Sharon bought out Ozzy's contract and became his manager. She runs the Ozzfest.  Ozzy gave up drugs and alcohol before recording this. He credits Sharon for the lifestyle change, and admits that he would be dead if did not turn sober..  This is probably my favorite song by him.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd (Echos album)

Sorry, but I couldn't come up with anything with that crazzee spelling.  :rolleyes:

If The Phone Doesn't Ring It's Me - Jimmy Buffett (Boats, Beaches, Bars & Ballads Collection) [Disc 4]

Ring Of Fire - Johnny Cash - (recorded in 1963, also recorded by Eric Burdon & The Animals in 68, and later by The Fendermen in 99)

(I have all three)