Spaceman Spiff

Song Title Game

Posted (edited)

Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread - (Recorded by numerous artists including: Glenn Miller in 1940, Frank Sinatra in 1940, Brook Benton in 1960, Ricky Nelson in 1963, and Elvis in 1972.)

Edited by BETAQDAVE
typo

Only A Fool Would Say That - Steely Dan (Can't Buy A Thrill album) 1972 

(This song was also the flip side of their Reelin' In The Years single.)

Why Don't You See Me - Concrete Blonde (Walking In London album) 1992

This was their fourth album with Johnette Napolitano singing as usual with alot of raw emotion.

Burning Down The House -Talking Heads (Speaking In Tongues album) 1983

That's one crazy video for this song also.

Posted (edited)

Wind Up - Jethro Tull ( Aqualung Album)

BetaQdave you have a very similar musical taste to me

Edited by Slowhand
More info

Posted (edited)

The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix Experience (Are You Experienced album) 1967

Slowhand, this was my posting under the heading: who is your favorite musician or band.  See if you still think so.

Most people that know me say that they have never come across anyone with such an eclectic taste in music as me.  But who am I to argue with that with my I-Pod currently loaded with 6,524 songs.  My collection is mostly blues and rock, but I really can’t think of any type of music that is not included.  Here is a brief (???) list of some of my favorites, so judge for yourself.

Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Jefferson Airplane, Eagles, Michael Jackson, Moby, Ventures, Elton John, Platters, Enigma, Santana, Ozzy Osbourn, Brule’, Gene Autry, BB King, Bare-naked Ladies, M.C. Hammer, Gotye, Howling Wolf, Etta James, Roy Rogers and the Sons of the Pioneers, Seal, Doobie Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Kyu Sakamoto, Chicago, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jimmy Buffett, Moody Blues,  Taj Mahal, Doors, Beatles, Queen, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Randy Newman, Louis Armstrong, Who, Beach Boys, Meat Loaf, Henry Mancini, IL Devo, Concrete Blond, Israel Kamakawiwo’ole, Enya, Chet Atkins, Doobie Brothers, John Lee Hooker, Roy Clark, Beethoven, Everly Brothers, Joe Walsh, Steppenwolf, Joe Cocker, Duanne Eddie, Roy Orbison, Abba, Proco Harum, Yes, Joe Satriani, Simon and Garfunkel, Tchaikovsky, Johannes Linstead, Stevie Wonder, Loreena Mckennitt, Righteous Brothers, Ennio Morricone, Chris Isaac, Allman Brothers, Frank Sinatra, Sade, Gershwin, Mark Knopler, Pete Townshend and Warren Zevon to name just a few!:P:P:P

Edited by BETAQDAVE
missing content

Posted (edited)

Mary Janes Last Dance  - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Dave, it seems that if music is good it's good and I'm  the same as I like most music!

Edited by Edwardkenway

Posted (edited)

Let’s Dance Chris Rea

BetaQdave,

I Like nearly all the rock groups you mention but could never get into classical music except for Holst’s  The Planets or Sinatra or Elvis for that matter. Probably for a Brit my love of so much American music is unusual. The first was the Doobies, which led into Steely Dan and then the Feat and so on and then more recently country such as Merle, Johnnie Cash etc and even Foster the People. Its odd how musical tastes develop as none of my family were musical at all.  

Edited by Slowhand
Typo correction

Dance Sister Dance- Santana (Amigos album) 1976

Edwardkenway said: Dave, it seems that if music is good it's good and I'm  the same as I like most music! 

I keep finding more and more new stuff that appeals to me all the time.  I keep looking up the songs that I don't know on this site and find a lot that I like.

Slowhand said:  Its odd how musical tastes develop as none of my family were musical at all.  

Same here!

Posted (edited)

Simple Sister - Procol Harum (From their 5th album titled Broken Barricades in 1971)

(Dispite having this on the Best of Procol Harem album it isn't one of my favorites, as a mater of fact it pales :rolleyes::blush:                                in comparison to my favorite of theirs A Whiter Shade Of Pale.)

Edited by BETAQDAVE
typo

Look At Little Sister - Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble (Couldn't Stand The Weather album) [his third] 1984

Posted (edited)

Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin (Simple Pleasures album) 1988

The song was recorded completely A Capella with just his voice overdubbing the background.  It was released as part of the film soundtrack for the movie Cocktail in 1988 and re-released later the same year on his album where it reached No. 1 in September. The song was also a part of several other films including: 2005’s Jarhead, 2006’s Flushed Away, 2008’s WALL-E, and 2018’s Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation.  It won three Grammy awards in 1989 for Song of the Year, Record of the Year, and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.

Incidentally, the song was used in George H. W. Bush's 1988 U.S. presidential election as Bush's 1988 official presidential campaign song, without Bobby McFerrin's permission or endorsement. In reaction, McFerrin (who was a Democrat) publicly protested that particular use of his song, including stating that he was going to vote against Bush, to make the point even clearer, he completely dropped the song from his own performance repertoire. The Bush campaign then reportedly desisted from further use of the song. (Pirating is not just limited to ship modeling apparently.)

It is commonly credited to Bob Marley, however since he died of Cancer in 1981, (seven years before its release) it would seem rather unlikely.

Edited by BETAQDAVE
typo

Posted (edited)

Picture Show - John Prine (The Missing Years album) 1991  This was his tenth studio album and features contributions by Tom                                                                                                          Petty, Phil Everly, Bonnie Raitt, Albert Lee, and Bruce Springsteen.

Edited by BETAQDAVE
typo