Spaceman Spiff

Song Title Game

Good Morning, Schoolgirl - John Lee "Sunny Boy" Williamson did the original recording in 1937. Many other recordings of this song were done by various other artists but re-titled Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, and I have several including Muddy Waters and Johnny Lang. 

HOWEVER..............one of my most prized vinyl records is Sunny Boys 10 inch 78 rpm single with Sugar Mama Blues on the B side.  It has seen a lot of use over the years and I can't play it anymore as I no longer have a player that can handle 78 rpm records, but I just can't part with it.  The two other versions I have are good, but I miss Sonny's harmonica.  I am still on the lookout for any re-recorded copies of it, but you really can't do better than the vinyl sound.

Good Morning Starshine - Oliver (He recorded this as a single in May of 1969.  In July of 69, the song was used in the musical Hair)

Kind Woman - Buffalo Springfield (Last Time Around album) 1968

Written by "Richie" Furry while a member of BS and also recorded while a member later of Poco.

Sweet City Woman - The Stampeders (Against The Grain album) 1971

The song by this Canadian band still gets a lot of air play in the US and is one of the few regularly-played                                           Top-10 hits with a banjo as its primary instrument.

Your Own Sweet Way - Notting Hillbillies (Missing...Presumed Having A Good Time album) 1990

This was a short lived group formed by Mark Knopfler as a country rock project in May 1986 and included members: Steve Phillips, Brendan Croker, Guy Fletcher, Paul Franklin, Marcus Cliffe, and Ed Bicknell

Speak Of The Devil - Chris Isaak (Speak Of The Devil album) 1998

This was on his seventh studio album.  By the way he is appearing on August 13 at the Pabst Theater in                                                  Milwaukee if anyone is interested.

Rainy Night In Georgia - Brook Benton (Brook Benton Today album) 1970

Won him a Grammy in 1970 for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.

Long Hot Summer Night - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Electric Ladyland album) 1968

Seemed appropriate for the beginning of the first week in the extra humid 90's this summer.

Long Time Runnin' - The Doobie Brothers (The Captain And Me album) 1973

The song was recorded in 73, but the music was written three years previous and sung with whatever words                                         came to mind when performing it live.  The words and title changed all the time until they decided to add                                            it to the album.

Running On Faith – Eric Clapton (Journeyman album) 1989

I also have the unplugged version.    

Shanghai Noodle Factory - Traffic (Last Exit album) 1969 

The song was originally recorded as the B side of a single released in 68.  The A side was Medicated Goo.