Spaceman Spiff

Song Title Game

Never As Good As The First Time - Sade (7" vinyl single with Keep Hanging On for the B side) 1986

I have it on her Promise album.

In The Still Of The Night - The Five Satins (7" vinyl single with The Jones Girl on the B side) 1956

I think that's a quintuple word score here.  :rolleyes:

All Around The World or The Myth Of Fingerprints - Paul Simon w/ Los Lobos (Graceland album) 1986

Over the mountain, down in the valley
   Lives a former talk-show host
   Everybody knows his name 
   He said, "There's no doubt about it

It was the myth of fingerprints

I've seen them all and man, they're all the same

Ghost Riders In The Sky – A song written and first recorded by Stan Jones in 1948.  It was based on an

old Native American story told to him when he was 12 years old by an old

Apache. In 1949 it was recorded by Burl Ives, Vaughn Monroe, Bing Crosby,

Peggy Lee, The Sons of the Pioneers, Spike Jones, and Gene Autry.  This song

was recorded nearly 150 times since then by a very diverse list of artists

including: Kay Starr, Marty Robbins, Tom Jones, Elvis, Jonny Cash, The Blues

Brothers, Concrete Blond, and Dean Martin.  There have also been many

instrumental versions recorded by Lawrence Welk And His Orchestra, The

Ramrods, The Ventures, Roy Clark, The Spotnicks (a Swedish rock group),

and Duane Eddy. I have 12 versions on my I-Pad.

Edited by BETAQDAVE
typo

Ghost Of A Texas Ladies' Man - Concrete Blonde (Walking In London album) 1992

Johnette Napolitano is the heart and soul of this group, which is not surprising since she is both the lead 

vocalist and songwriter.  Her voice is what makes it all work.  This particular song was also released as a 

single.

Let My Guitar Do The Talking - Guitar Shorty (Blues Guitar album) 2004

This 70 year old blues singer was a great influence to Buddy Guy and Jimi Hendrix, especially the amazing sounds that he could coax out of his guitar and still be doing somersaults, back flips and standing on his head at the same time.  Shorty actually had family ties with Jimi at one time when he married his half sister.  

Going For The One - Yes (Going For The One album) 1977

The song was originally written by Andersen about three years before being recorded as their 8 th studio album after relocating to Switzerland.   

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - John Lee Hooker 1966

John edited this blues classic hit from 1953 originally titled One Scotch, One Bourbon, One                                                                        Beer written by Rudy Toombs  and sung by Amos Milurns.  I also have the version done by                                                                        George Thorogood And The Destroyers in 1977.

Edited by BETAQDAVE
typo

The One I Love - David Gray (Life In Slow Motion album) 2005

Surprisingly enough this song is of a mortally wounded soldier who, instead of mourning in his                                                         last moments of life, decides to focus on thinking of the one he loves. 

Edited by BETAQDAVE
typo