Spaceman Spiff

Song Title Game

Looking For The One - Art Garfunkel (Breakaway album) 1975

I've been so unlucky, I'm no good at playing games, 
                                                                     I remember their faces, forget their names. 
                                                                     Thought I'd found the right one, but she hasn't found me, 
                                                                     so I bundle up my emotions and start looking for the right one.

Art had been suffering from vocal paresis for four years, a condition where the vocal cords are weakened making it painful or impossible to sing, coupled with a hoarse speaking voice and in some cases, shortness of breath, but did finally recover and now at 76 he has still been touring.

Can't Take It With You - The Allman Brothers Band (Enlightened Rouges album) 1979

Can't take it with you
                                                   Everybody knows
                                                  Can't take it with you when you go
                                                  Can't hide your love away
                                                  Save it up for a rainy day
                                                  Ya can't take it with you when you go

Whatever It Takes - Sinead Lohan (No Mermaid album) 1998

This was from the Irish singer/songwriters second album.

White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane - (Surrealistic Pillow album) 1967

This song was written and sung by Grace Slick  while she was still with the Great Society.  She                                                                     quit them and joined Jefferson Airplane to replace their lead singer, Signe Toly Anderson, who                                                                    left when her child was born. This was on her first album recorded with JA.                     

Iron Hand - Dire Straits (On Every Street album) 1991

Mark Knopfler said that this song relates to the Battle of Orgreave during the miners' strike in England during 1984.  It reminded him of how the police charge on horseback into the crowd of striking miners was like the savagery of confrontations in medieval times.

On The Other Hand - Sammy Hagar (Marching To Mars album) 1997

Well I, I got my friends
And I don't need more friends
I can count my friends on both hands

Came an evil man and he cut off one hand
Now I count my friends on the other hand
Yeah, on the other hand
Oh, well

Another Christmas Song - Jethro Tull (Rock Island album) 1989

Ian Anderson is not opposed to Christmas, just the parts that he feels have been corrupted.  So with a touch of his humor and sarcasm, his song takes a bit of a poke at the materialism and gluttony that surround the Christmas season.

Song Of The Lonely Mountain - Neil Finn (Extended version from the sound track of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey) 2012

To find our song for heart and soul
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven't seen the end of it yet
We'll fight as long as we live
All eyes on the hidden door
To the Lonely Mountain
We'll ride in the gathering storm
Till we get our long forgotten gold
Far away the Misty Mountains cold

Silver Threads And Golden Needles - The Springfields (1962 single)

The song was recorded numerous times through the 60’s and 70’s by a wide variety of artists including: Skeeter Davis, Hawkshaw Hawkins, The Everly Brothers, Rose Maddax, Jody Miller, Johnny Rivers,, The Pozo-Seco Singers, Nancy Sit, Janis Joplin, The Cowsills, The Greatful Dead, Linda Ronstadt, Sandy Denny, and Crystal Gayle.  The latest recording in 93 was by the trio of Dolly Pardon, Tammy Wynette, and Loreta Lynn.

Beyond Here Lies Nothin' - Bob Dylan (Together Through Life album)  2009

Had a hard time with this one, but I thought using the word The would have been way too easy.