Spaceman Spiff

Song Title Game

In Dreams - Roy Orbison (In Dreams album) 1963

I close my eyes, then I drift away

Into the night, I softly say

A silent prayer like dreamers do

Then I fall asleep to dreams, my dreams of you

We Have All The Time In The World - Louis Armstrong (Soundtrack from the Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service) 1969

This turned out to be Armstrong's last recording.

Once Upon A Time In The West - Ennio Morricone (Theme song for the 1968 Sergio Leone film of the same name)

Probably my all time favorite Western movie and theme song.

Down to the River to Pray -  Alison Krauss (From the soundtrack of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 2000   

Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing - Buffalo Springfield (Originally released as a single in 1966)

I have it on the album Retrospective: The Best Of Buffalo Springfield from 1969)

I Can't Quit You Baby - Led Zeppelin (This song was recorded on their debut album Led Zeppelin) 1969

The song was a blues standard written by Willie Dixon and first recorded by Otis Rush back in 1956.

Show Me Don't Tell Me  ... Rush 1989 Presto album

My small tribute to the passing of the great Neil Peart this week. 

I've been a Rush fan since the 70's. If not my favorite band, undoubtedly in the top 3. Neil was one of the greatest lyricist of my generation  and arguably the best drummer rock and roll has ever known. His songs and lyrics were the soundtrack of my life for many many years. I feel like I've lost a family member. 

My condolences to the Peart family and all in the Rush family. He will be missed. I'm thankful for all the great music he left for us to enjoy. Glad I got to see them perform countless times over the decades. 

RIP my friend  😥   

The Show Must Go On - Queen (Innuendo album) 1991

The song was written by guitarist Brian May while lead singer Freddie Mercury was dying of AIDS.  The                                                     song was his final track on the album.  It was also released as a single in the UK on Oct. 14, 1991 just six                                                   weeks before his death on Nov. 24, 1991.

Going to Hell -  The Pretty Reckless---One of the few newer bands I actually like. When I say newer I mean this century (LOL) . Taylor Momsen, the lead singer, is actually the little girl who played Cindy Lou Who in the Grinch movie. Quite a transformation 🤯

The Old Man Down The Road - John Fogerty (Centerfield album) 1985

Ten years after the break-up of CCR in '75 and many lengthy legal battles with Fantasy Records that                                                           kept him from recording, he came out with this #1 solo album.

Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix (Band Of Gypsies album) 1970

Written by Jimi and recorded along with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles as the Band Of Gypsies.