Spaceman Spiff

Song Title Game

Green-Eyed Lady - Sugarloaf  (Sugarloaf album) 1970

This song had four versions: 6:53 album version, 5:58 long single version, 3:33 short single version, and a 2:58 radio edited version.

Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland) - The Jimi Hendrix Experience   (Electric Ladyland album) 1968    

Moonlight Drive - The Doors (Strange Days album)  1967  
                               This song was known to fans as being one of the first written by their lead singer Jim Morrison.                     

Let's swim to the moon
Let's climb through the tide
Surrender to the waiting worlds
That lap against our side.
Nothing left open
And no time to decide.
We've stepped into a river
On our moonlight drive.

You Can Leave Your Hat On - Joe Cocker (Cocker album) 1986

This song was written by Randy Newman in 72  and he said the song was, "too low for me to sing it.  I can't rock it too hard, which maybe I should have....or maybe not."   Regardless of that, Joes' recording of the song  earned him a Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance.  

Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing - Buffalo Springfield  (Retrospective - The Best of Buffalo Springfield album) 1969

This song was written by Neil Young and released as the groups debut single in 1966.     

Run Through The Jungle -   Creedence Clearwater Revival (Cosmo's Factory album) 1970 

Contrary to popular belief, this song was not about the war in Vietnam despite its release date.  According to John Fogerty in an interview in 2016, he said  the song is actually about the proliferation of guns in the United States.  He was quoted saying.... "The thing I wanted to talk about was gun control and the proliferation of guns... I remember reading around that time that there was one gun for every man, woman and child in America, which I found staggering. So somewhere in the song, I think I said, '200 million guns are loaded.' Not that anyone else has the answer, but I did not have the answer to the question; I just had the question. I just thought it was disturbing that it was such a jungle for our citizens just to walk around in our own country at least having to be aware that there are so many private guns owned by some responsible and maybe many irresponsible people.[2]

Old Folks Boogie - Little Feat (Time Loves A Hero album) 1977     

Off our rockers, actin' crazy

With the right medication we won't be lazy

Doin' the Old Folks Boogie

Down on the farm

Wheelchairs, they was locked arm in arm

Paired off Pacemakers with matchin' alarms 

Gives us jus' one more chance

To spin one more yarn