Are there other sites like Cornwall model ships out there

kpnuts

Thank you will check them out.

Hi nmbrook just checked them out I am building a model of the new QE2 can't find any plans for her so have made my own from brochure deck plans (you know for booking cruise hols on her) i have the basic hull built she is 6'6"long can't go any longer no space. Anyway that's slightly off the point. The point being I wanted to build an oceangoing liner and discovered on model dockyard plans of a ship that I think looks beautiful and wondered if anyone on here has tried it, it is the M V Cunard Princess 1990

Edited by kpnuts

I have used Westbourne Models just outside the centre of Weymouth, excellent people to deal with and very knowledgeable or even Caldercraft direct by mail order for their kits.

Norman

Norman

Current build Trumpeter Arizona 1:200 with White Ensign PE and a Nautilus Wooden Deck.

Built Caldercraft Convulsion, HM Brig Badger and HMS Snake.

Awaiting - Zvelda HMS Dreadnought planning to get the Pontos Deck and PE Upgrades, Panart 1:23 Gun deck model and couple of the cannon kits Manatu - French siege mortar, and American coastal cannon.

• 2 months later...

No response to email orders and phone calls to westbourne and after some online research there's a disturbing number in the same boat.

Can't even get hold of them to confirm the presumably undispatched order is cancelled.

There's always Jotika at http://www.jotika-ltd.com/Pages/1024768/index.htm. They've been very good whenever I have dealt with them. There's a plus in that they provide the spare parts for the Caldercraft kits. Will cut wood to size too.

Tony

No response to email orders and phone calls to westbourne and after some online research there's a disturbing number in the same boat.

Can't even get hold of them to confirm the presumably undispatched order is cancelled.

Westbourne were very poor when I attempted to make an order around a year ago. Difficult to get hold of and eventually I cancelled my order and got a full refund, two months after I originally ordered. Subsequently went to Cornwall Model Boats and got the order through the post next day.......

Jim
-----
Current builds:

HMS Snake
HMS Hood
Mechanical Solar System

Completed builds:

HMS Ballahoo

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Westbourne models.I had an experience a few years ago in the I ordered well over £1000 and probably nearer £1500 of RC equipment for my DSV.They billed my debit card before having everything in stock.The order came in drips and drabs and some items were incorrect or substituted,it probably took around a month before everything is sorted.From then on I stopped ordering from them.I have visited the shop a few times and it is the 'real deal' oldschool modelshop experience.I doubt you could walk into another shop in the UK and they had every Mantua/Panart/Sergal kit on display like they do there.However it is disappointing that they have problems with mail order.

Kind Regards 

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline