HMS Pegasus 1776 by Trussben - 1:48 - Swan class sloop based on TFFM

Ben,

really nice progress.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Thanks for all the likes and nice comments.

Two more frame pairs were added aft and now I have switched back to the forward framing.

Ben

post-234-0-38722800-1416516877_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Stop counting.!!!   She looks TERRIFIC!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Stop counting.!!!   She looks TERRIFIC!

If he didn't count, we'd  think it odd that there was a large hole in the middle. 

Ok. seriously nice work, Ben.   Looking superb.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

That is outstanding framing Ben. Count away; I'm anxious to see you add to an excellent hull.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Looking great Ben. I remember how tedious the framing was on my KF and I allowed myself the occasional break to make a sub assembly of some kind for use further down the road. Hang in there you are nearly there.

Remco

Treat each part as if it is a model on its own, you will finish more models in a day than others do in a lifetime. 

Current build HMS Kingfisher

MSW 1.0 log click here

Looks fantastic.  Make sure you get in there are fair the hull while there is still an opening to get your arm into.  

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

In addition to Toni's kunckle-saving advice please check those frame/station lines as you close her in. I found that I had to rejig a few frames around the dead flat due to cumulative error. You can modifly the fillers a bit to compensate if necessary.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Thanks all,

Toni - you hit it! I intend to do just that before any more frames go in - thanks for the reminder.

Greg - my Mentor gave me the same advice so I have already been compensating for creep with every square frame I put in, measuring from dead flat marks on keel to the face of every frame, changing thickness of fillers to achieve it.

I've found as much as a scale inch that I've had to compensate for, room and space says they should be 4" but Ive had between 3" to 5"

Ben

Edited by Trussben

The framinglooks really well aligned. Superb work, Ben

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Hi Ben,

Just catching up, you're doing a beautiful job on this extremely complex build, Pegasus is looking great :)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

That's incredible work Ben! Only seven frames left? I can't wait to see them all in place.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Thanks everyone and the likes.

The 7 frames to go are only the square frames remaining, there is still a lot of work around the stern framing to be done and then all of the fairing and clean up work before the milestone is passed.

Greg - I still don't have a finalized idea of how much planking will be done on exterior, I can say for certain that I won't be covering up much of the framing that I have worked so long to make, but still undecided.

Ben