HMS Pegasus 1776 by Trussben - 1:48 - Swan class sloop based on TFFM

Hey Druxey,

At the moment I am just laying in store and I havent totally decided yet, as you know I have been working in CAD on my own plans of Indefatigable but they are still a long way from completion, Maybe a different Frigate before tackling the Indy.

Sorry Remco :P

ben

• 4 weeks later...

Incredible framing Ben. She looks very impressive!

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Thanks Guys,

Druxey - I'm going to spend some time completing fairing the inside of the hull, then align all the toptimbers and get them all to correct height, then remove all of the temp basswood spacers and install new pear ones, that's a good few weeks work for me as I spend a lot of time traveling for work these days, that's the plan anyway.

Ben

Splice the main brace, Ben.  That is an impressive milestone.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Congratulations on reaching such a significant milestone Ben. You must be feeling very pleased - your work is excellent!

Double rum rations all round :)

Thanks for all the likes.

I thought I'd take practice run at the knee of the head, here is my first attempt, some of the joints are not as tight as I would like so another one will be made.

Ben

post-234-0-56446500-1423680317_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-46681300-1423680335_thumb.jpg

Bob is dead accurate with his statement.... 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Ben,

I've just caught up with what you've been up to. Well done and congratulations on getting that last frame in.

Following Remco's advise/motto is never a bad thing either!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1/48  Duchess of Kingston

Completed Build Logs: USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Ben,

really nice practice.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

I'm the newbie here, so all I can say is WOW. Your workmanship and perseverance is superb. My hat's off to you. Cheers! :cheers:

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

• 4 weeks later...

Another addition to the wood stock pile, a couple of billets of nice white Holly stacked on top of my boxwood,

Holly is getting really difficult to obtain here in US, So I get whatever I can when the chances arise.

I may have some updates to show on Pegasus next week - Ive been working away a lot lately and the sanding

and fairing of the inside hull is taking quite a bit of time to get really good.

ben

post-234-0-09561600-1426795673_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

Well the internal fairing is pretty much completed so I released the hull from the build board, so I can start external fairing and will also help to complete the internal as I can hold the hull in my lap and be able to access parts that the buildboard made difficult.

I see a lot of sanding in my future!

Ben

post-234-0-91796300-1426967072_thumb.jpg

Yes, much fun fairing and knuckle bleeding, Ben. Keep applying pencil marks across the hull to pick up the high and low spots while fairing. When all pencil traces are done, so are you.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Thanks Everyone for the likes.

Druxey - Yep the fillers were added at the same time as the square frames, I do see some small gaps here and there which will need to be filled.

Greg - the pencil method is what I used for internal fairing and it worked well so I will use it for doing the external.

Ben