Moonbug Posted January 6, 2014 Share #1 Posted January 6, 2014 (edited) Hello all. In the interest of current Swift and Virginia Pilot boat type builds being conducted currently, I've decided to recreate my build log of the AL Swift kit that was lost in the great crash of MSW 1.0. Hopefully it'll help some of the folks along with their own builds. I'll do my best to provide the information I can based on memory, but in all fairness this may end up just being a bunch of photos. ;p~ To the moderators - hope this is ok since I already have some completed photos of the Swift in the gallery. Obviously if I'm stepping on some of the rules please let me know and act accordingly. :-) Here are the initial shots of the kit. Although this was a very enjoyable kit to build, I found that unlike my San Juan Nepomuceno this kit had quite a few warped and messed up parts. I had to straighten out the keel quite a bit. First I soaked and weighted the keel and bulkheads. Then I inserted balsa wood blocks at the front and rear and lined up all the bulwarks by inserted dowels that were cut to match the exact distance between each bulkhead. I measured that distance dead center at the keel to ensure accuracy. Edited January 6, 2014 by Moonbug augie and egkb 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.