Maine Lobster Boat by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Midwest Products

Popeye said - "I gotta get normal again ;)"

NNNNnnooooooooo!

Normal is not allowed.

Wow, I miss a day and look at the progress. More Great bashing.

Seeing them finish is like that last day of vacation feeling. Luckily you'll have more eye candy for all the addicts you've created.

BTW, I was at the post office and saw Popeye picture in the most wanted section, he is wanted for luring unsuspecting ship builders into manic kit bashing. It stated he was to be considered armed (with great ideas) and dangerous. Do not try to subdue, he is been known to weather and distress victims with callus disregard for rules or authority. Considered unpredictable and highly innovative, proceed with caution.

It may be the same Popeye, he fits the desciption.

Great Job, oh master basher. Its been twice the fun of the ride on the M&M fun ship. The weathering on Denny is pure Zen and Phylly C is one elegant lady.

you know what they say Keith........dress to impress....what am I saying.....I dress like a farmer.....LOL!   thanks for the kind words....I am humbled by the response.   glad you feel that way.........I have a few ideas,  yet to have surfaced in the think tank.  can't do them now though......got to get caught up.   one of these days.....sounds like Floyd :) 

easy song to play too........it's just the A and B chords  The admiral hates it when I play it..........hee....hee!  {the bridge is just a technique called tapping}

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Just dont go cutting anything into little bitty pieces...

and Careful with that Axe Eugene, you dont want the Acquisition Director in a foul mood. Future orders must not cease. I'd say, a trip to Ibiza bar until she's Comfortably numb and floating on a A Pillow of Winds. Once she's Obscured by Clouds, The Final Cut will never happen which is important as Childhood End can't happen. (for our sake)...and Green is the Colour of her kind, Quickness of the eye deceives the mind. Many is the bond between the hopefull and the damned.... (was I talking Floydian again,opps)

Floyd On, oh master

I'm wondering about the "normal" comment also.   :huh:   You've done a fantastic job on both of these Denis.  Think about how they would have come out if you were anyone but you?  :o  :o  :o   The details make them look like two totally different boats from different kits.  Wonderful work... just wonderful.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I didn't........not to worry folks.......I did a reality check on the normal thing.......the admiral told me I'm still certifiable  :)   so, now that I have my clean bill of health......I can move on.   I was at Hobby Lobby today..........I'm hard at work......hatching Ideas,  but two builds take priority for the moment.   thanks again to you all  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Popeye,

If you were to go “normal” the joy would be gone and I might as well put on my bathrobe and hop the next passing spaceship.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Dont forget the Towel though Cap'n'Bob.

By the way, Towel day is next month - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Day

of course I'm sure everyone celebrated Pi day last month. I use to have students bring pie for extra credit and I'd supply the ice cream. One of my students' gram'ma's made the best blueberry pie, always my favorite.

and in Oct there was always mole day cupcakes. One must always find any excuse to celebrate :dancetl6:

Ah here's the quote - Popeye you'd better make sure the twins have towels... as your clearly a buildeer to be reckoned with...

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."

Hey Popeye---- I just noticed  you made COMMANDER!    Congrats on all your hard work :D .  As senior officer, Sjors has to throw the wetdown party!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Popeye,

Congrats on your promotion.

Now you can have dinner with me at the Captain's table  :D

Augie, what is a wetdown party??????

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

I'll leave that for Andy to give the formal definition!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

I don't know but Keith can supply the towels :)   very interesting benidiction.........don't know half the places ya mentioned,  but interesting none the less.    had a bit of fun this afternoon......the admiral and I went to the grocery store.  I love places like that......great place to do my patented Popeye laugh.....then I started in with my Rodney Dangerfield.....I don't get no respect

oh my daughter........yea.....yea ......she's no prize........she's been picked up so many time,  she grew handles!

I got off a plane in New York.......long flight,  let me tell ya.........I got in a cab and told him to take me to somewhere wild and exotic.....he took me to my house!

oh.....my father......strict.......very strict...........he taught me how to swim.  yea.....used to row me out to the middle of the lake and would throw me overboard.     .........I had to swim back to shore..........it was easy once I got outta the bag!

I got a million of 'em.........yea!   Sjors!  {snap fingers}  more popcorn pleeze!  {what am I say'in!!!!!!!}    yes Sjors......aside from the skis,  both of them are finished :)   Once I get the skis in place,  I'll do some gallery pictures.   I've done a little bit with the America....I hope to have an update soon.  again......don't worry folks........cuz I'm a w-i-l-d and c-r-a-z-y guy!!!!!  {errrrr....when the admiral isn't looking}   if she starts to get wind of it.......I just give 'er those eyes.......and remind her about the 25 years............and she once again reminds me......that time wasn't THAT good to me ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

it's actually a wet towel party Sjors.........and your the target!    there.....I beat you Andy!!!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I do apologize andy........I recognise the title,  but the memory is weak.   is there a way to repost?   can I get a copy.?

be wary of jokes that start with   "these two drunks walk into a bar..............."

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Yeah...

Popeye... before it's too late... go to your local book store... or amazon.com and pick up a copy... hurry... there's no time to loose!!

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

A trilogy in five parts

By Douglas Adams

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Barnes and noble....gotcha! ;)  what would it be listed under?

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

my god!!!!!  there are so many different ones.....which one do you suggest?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Pack your bags guys, the men in white coats are on their way, you'r nuts.  BUT FUN. :D  :D :D  :D  :D  

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

I still need to finish Hitch Hikers.  What I read was hilarious I don't know why I stopped.  Ido think though Popeye the off the wall humor would be right up your alley.  

Edited by DSiemens

Mobbsie,

You are to late……...

Andy and Jim.

I hate to disappoint you but I hear of those things….

It's about Arthur Dent who's lying in the front of his house to avoid demolition.

And a guy Ford lives on a planet that called Betelgues.

Zaphod is the president of the Galaxy  :P

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif