Maine Lobster Boat by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Midwest Products

is anyone really sure?  ;)   the more I view the site,  and see all the wonderful thing other folks do on their builds,  even I sit back every once in a while,  and thing how a particular aspect would look on a build I've finished.  ;)    I'm afraid so.......it's finished.  ;)   I do tend to think though,  that this would be an even bigger problem for the scratch builder.   this was the final piece of the puzzle.....the subject is complete......and the line has been drawn.   I will follow the line,  to the end of the line,  which always leads to the next one.  ;):)

thanks Wayne and John........you never know what my next stroll through the doll house furnishings will stir!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Great job Popeye !!!!!!

And you are saying she is finished....

I don't believe a word of it !

Knowing you that you always find something to put on.

Just a little bonus  :D  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Popeye you should start a poetry thread in the shore leave area I enjoy your poems.  

keep that thought alive Sjors.........I think those are words I can live by  ;)   "there is no build,  that at one time or another,  that an addition can't be made."  I thank you......Rear Admiral Sjors  :)

thanks Dave.......I think it unhealthy,  if you don't look back.  I find it a good way to see the progress you've made and the experience you've gained.    never be discouraged.......but encouraged  ;)

I'm feel a bit humble at this point Daniel.......thank you for the compliment :)  perhaps one day,  I will.   gee.........wouldn't it be cool to have a site poet?   I do recall though,  that such a thread has already been started................by now probably,  long since buried.   I do see and read events on the site though,  that does cause verses to come to mind.   due to the restrictions on socializing,  I hesitate to write them,  as they occur.   I suppress them and find other ways to reply.  I'll give it some thought.......thank you again......I really appreciate your thoughts....glad you like them  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

The details continue to be impressive. LOVE the wipers (yeah a bit behind again I know... as usual ).

the skii's

And rolling from the skeletons.

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

thanks Adam...it was indeed,  a fun build.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Just catching up..... another "JEWEL" to add to your armada.....  great ideas Popeye!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hey Popeye, I think your ski's are too short mate and you need to redo them, that may prolong the build for a little while for you. :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

Don't ya just hate it when that happens, :D  :D

She looks really great mate, very well done, be proud. :cheers:

Be Good & Stay Warm

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

gee Mobbsie.........Barbie was out of town.......what's a poor sailor to do ?????? :D :D :D :D

thanks Frank.......it was about time I got back to do this.   it's really a bother to put a build on a shelf like this,  knowing that something still needs to be done.  well.....now it's done.......I can walk away now,  and know that I don't have to think about it anymore.

thank you both for you kind words  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 3 weeks later...

thanks Lawrence........one of these days,  I need to get her in the gallery.   I haven't done any proper pictures yet......or either of them for that matter.   I should do that.   we did a similar surf thing for our Valentines day......thanks for the good word  :)

don't be sorry........glad you found time to take a walkabout.  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 1 year later...

Popeye,

I`m refering to your build log from 2013, (the year I joined in) must have overseen These twins, great models, ist good you put them into your Gallery now.

Lovely built and charming boats, very well done

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

thanks Nils.......I guess it's a good thing I did.   I was looking at the last page or two.......where the images should be are simply the photo numbers.  I clicked on one of them,  and it just sat there spinning it's wheels......never got to see the picture.   I sure hope that didn't happen to you.

this was a simple case of over embellishment.....I went too far and ruined the subject.  rather than trash it,  I made up the second hull.......and there you have it......a dual build.   this is the only build I've that's other than Billing's.    it was still fun  :)    thanks for the good word!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• The title was changed to Maine Lobster Boat by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Midwest Products