HMS Victory by gigantesco giovanni - open model

I started building the model of the Victory of drawings McKay and Longridge scale 1:66. The model will have four side openings to see the inner carpentry. It does not quite enter the picture

nome: HMS Victory

tipo: vascello inglese 104 cannoni
Progetto originale: Sir Thomas Slade 
anno di costruzione: 1765 
lunghezza reale: mt. 69,10 
larghezza: mt. 15,80 
dislocamento: tonn. 3225
scala del modello: 1:64
tipo modello: modellismo d'arsenale improprio
piano di costruzione: The 100 - Gun Ship VICTORY - John McKay
Monografia: The Anatomy of Nelson's Ships - C. Nepean Longridge

gigantesco

Edited by gigantesco giovanni

gigantesco,

Very nice work.  What type of wood are you using? It has a pleasing color.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

nice to see this log back up. i'm really looking forward to seeing this open hull design.

Jeff

In progress:
Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company -1/2" scale

USS Constitution - Model Shipways - Scale 1:76

HMS Granado - CAF Model - 1:48

HMS Sphinx - Vanguard

Hello Gigantesco, the model is looking good , My question relates to the scale of the model, Longridges' Model is to 1:48 which is 1/4 inch to the foot

1:64 would be 3/16ths to the foot.

Is your model 1:66 a metric equivalent?

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

The ship is looking good. Nice to see you have some outdoor space to work in. :)

Jeff

In progress:

HMS Sphinx - Vanguard

Looking good. It looks like everything is still standing so far.

Jeff

In progress:

HMS Sphinx - Vanguard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Excellent work, Gigantesco.  I'm happy to see an update as I was afraid you had stopped working on her.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

not strange at all! open models are nice so much more to see. Maybe you should consider making pictures with a tripod, I'm assuming you're currently shooting by hand, in addition use the timer, and it will be easier to make sharp pictures, you work surely deserves it.

Keep on the good work,

Michiel

Finished models: Botter, President

Current:

Prins Willem by the book of Ketting,

HMS Beagle - OcCre

restauration of a Statenjacht