HMS Victory by gigantesco giovanni - open model

• 3 weeks later...

Giovanni,

Great work. That is a big ship - when you are working in the open I bet your neighbours are fascinated by it. :) 

Ian M.

Current build: HMS Unicorn  (1748) - Corel Kit

Advice from my Grandfather to me. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who stand back and watch. The trick is not to repeat the error. 

Lovely work on the planking.   Excellent!

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks for showing us the jig.  And for showing some more of your wonderful planking.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Giovanni!

I see, "gigantesco" (translation from italian: "very very big") is not only your name ;), but the whole model!!! You have been embarking in a very challenging model size and it will entail lots of interesting details. I like it a lot.

Cheers

Alex

If any of you cry at my funeral, I'll never speak to you again! (Stan Laurel)

• 1 month later...

Giovanni,

That is impressive work. I think it will need two men to lift it when it is finished.  :)

Ian M.

Current build: HMS Unicorn  (1748) - Corel Kit

Advice from my Grandfather to me. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who stand back and watch. The trick is not to repeat the error. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ciao Giovanni,scusa il disturbo i disegni che stai usando per la costruzione del modello sono un ingrandimento di quelli del libro, oppure si trovano venduti anche separatamente,mi potresti dare qualche. Informazione.Grazie

Google Translator:

Hello John, excuse the trouble that you are using the drawings for the construction of the model are a magnification of those in the book, or are also sold separately, you could give me some. Informazione.Grazie

Albert,

This is an English language forum.  Please use English. Google Translator works well if you don't speak or write English.

Questo è un forum in lingua inglese. Si prega di utilizzare l'inglese. Google Translator funziona bene se non si parla o si scrive in inglese.

• 4 weeks later...

Albert, sorry if I answer late but it was a long time since I opened my post. It designs I got them zooming with your scanner to 3 times the original drawings of the book by mckay about getting a scale 1:66. However, the same remuneration mckay send the designs already in scale 1:48. The address and the references are to the book. 

giovanni gigantesco - taranto - italia

Hi Gigantesco.

Just catching up on your build.

Excellent workmanship and outstanding quality of build.

Love the timber choice and colours.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

• 2 months later...

"

C'era un post su un incidente hard disk e in [post hanno chiesto che lasciamo che la gente sappia se vediamo il loro log di compilazione è stata colpita.

Quindi, solo farti sapere che il tuo log di compilazione è stato influenzato e di aver perso alcune immagini  :(

mi piace il tuo lavoro in modo spero che tu possa ricaricare quelle immagini mancanti.

Comincio a inviare le foto che sono state perse.

giga.

post-551-0-47837600-1397595568_thumb.jpg

post-551-0-53123500-1397595589_thumb.jpg

post-551-0-14409300-1397595607_thumb.jpg

post-551-0-99681600-1397595623_thumb.jpg

post-551-0-46781400-1397595642_thumb.jpg

post-551-0-61917000-1397595656_thumb.jpg

post-551-0-09894400-1397595671_thumb.jpg

post-551-0-38687000-1397595689_thumb.jpg

post-551-0-27391400-1397595713_thumb.jpg

post-551-0-32188900-1397595726_thumb.jpg

Gentlemen, please, English only on this forum.  If you like, use Google Translator.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi gigantesco,

This was the first day I've looked at your build log, but had the opportunity to read all of it.  What an ambitious project you've undertaken.  Progress on your Victory model is looking good.  I really liked your building board and the tiered jig you devised to hold the frames in place.  Very nice!

• 3 weeks later...