egkb

HM Schooner Ballahoo by egkb - Caldercraft - 1:64 Scale - First Proper Wood Build

++++++++ Newsflash+++++ Latest++++++++

OK Folks ... New Build Room aka Attic Conversion/3rd Floor  aka North Face of the Eiger (Lot of Stairs to Climb) is complete and I have just installed the new work 'U' shaped bench and gave it a wipe of Danish Oil .. 

Everything is back from storage and Ballahoo herself is now in the Build Room .. Woo Hoo (OK not actually on the Table but sure near enough 😊 ) only a bit of tidying away and I can begin filling my shinny new shelves with Boat Building Paraphernalia .. 

Now where did I leave all that Rigging Research I did over the past few years ?  Darn It .. 

Honeymoon Cruise around Italy coming up in a couple of weeks then I can get down to finishing The Ballier and opening another Build Log for ... Hmmm possibly Sherbourne (Have a few on the waiting list, but I always liked 'The Sherry' .. )

All The Very Best Folks From 'Moving Along Nicely Boatyards'   (Formerly Known as Glacial Boat Building Ltd)

Thanks For Stopping By

Eamonn

Edited by egkb

Good to see you back Eamonn, it will be nice to see your Ballhoo out of ordinary!

Sherbourne  is a nice boat to build, and another in the fleet is always welcome. 

I'm glad you got a brand new shipyard too😃👍

Cheers 

Hey There Edward ... Out of Ordinary indeed, and not before time.. I rather suspect I'm going to have to learn all the basics of Boat Building all over again .. but for the moment (Room Preparations and Honeymoon aside) I'll have to rummage out all my Notes and Re-Visit my Lees etc, but at least I'll have a place to do this where I can spread everything out for a few days if needs be and not be in the way .. 🙂 

Cheers Mate

Eamonn

BTW The rain has been going all day here too.. We won't even mention that Hurricane Looking doo-dah heading our way either.. 🙄

Hi Again Folks .... Well I found my Notes and decided to put The Ballier onto my new Build Table at long last !  .. 😎😁

I discovered that I had left off at putting eye Bolts in the Transom area,  so I got the 0.5mm Black wire out (a recent purchase to avoid having to chemically blacken) and twisted up 6 eye Bolts .. Needless to say my first one went flying across the room when I came to trim the excess off, Hmmmm.. I wasn't gonna let the wee devil escape that easily so I hunted it down and found it lurking under the Ballier Plans 🙂

Six holes drilled later and the glue came out ..  all going like clock-work so I decided to call quits on my First Day (cough cough ..Hour) Back ..  

Oh by the way there are actual Photos coming up here ... Try to contain the excitement there folks 😉

All The very Best From Glacial Boat Yards

Eamonn

PS latest additions are the 2 eye Bolts on the Transom Taff Rail & the 4 on Deck at the Transom itself

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

Eamonn it's good to have you back😃. How is your new shipyard?

Your Ballahoo is looking very good and it won't be long till you're masting and rigging. 

Sooo good to see photos 👍😂

Hey there E .. The shipyard is still a tad cluttered but spacious (I know this sounds contradictory lol)  I still need to lay it out correctly and get to grips with where everything will go.. but for the moment I have  some stuff sitting about in plain sight if you follow (so I can more easily locate it) and bit by bit they will start to find their natural home,  for now I am locating all items associated with Rigging (tweezers, blades, wire, string/rope, blocks etc)  .. I'll post some photos of it as soon as it looks presentable  ☺️

Thanks for Stopping By Folks and for all the Likes

Eamonn