Cutty Sark 1869 by crooman - Constructo - scale 1:115 - Launched in Dumbarton, Scotland

She Who Must Be Obeyed !

That is a qualification that does ring a bell (wedding bell?). In a recent movie I heard a man say to his wife that she understood him so well. She answered "That's because I'm a trained child psychiatrist".

Anyway, any time we want to recuperate from married life, we can turn to our ship building hobby. And I suppose that's the reason why we call ships "she". They are our secret second love.

Lou

• 2 months later...

Finally getting back to the business of ship building!

I was looking for  information how how to stiffen thread so as to be able to put the thread ends through the tiny holes in the various blocks.

Well,I read several people writing that solid beeswax was the answer. However I cannot locate a supplier this side of the atlantic.

I have found by chance that if you rub the thread along the surface of a dry bar of soap, it will stiffen the thread so that threading is quite quick and simple.

I hope this info may be of help to some one of my fellow ship builders.

Bob.

• 3 months later...

Hello to all fellow ship builders.

After many months of silence but having put in about 500 hours on Cutty,I am now nearing the finished model.

However can some one please tell me where I can buy 2 copies of the Red Duster-one for this model and one

for the model I made 10 years ago.

They would need to be to a scale of 1:115 and in cloth.

I do not have the skill to make them so would be happy to pay some kind soul to make them for me.

Many thanks,

Bob.

• The title was changed to Cutty Sark 1869 by crooman - Constructo - scale 1:115 - Launched in Dumbarton, Scotland