Ok so I have seen several times over that things need to be nailed, I finished an AL viking ship that stated it to be done but I feared smashing my model so I glued it then drilled pilot holes and glued them in, great as a finished look but not I think the intended game plan, so here's the question, or questions, what is the best way to do this? I fear the force needed even from my 2oz hammer might crack, split, or break the bulwark/keel/planks and I lost my ship building simplified sketchbook so I must ask around. Also what is the best way to stabilise the ship while doing this? I have a few different vise types but again, I fear breaking things, the kit I am currently working on is an AL Virginia and the keel/bulwarks and false deck are made of plywood and first planning is Ramin I looked around for info on this subject but found none. Plz help

The best way is with something like this: https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/products/ART-27023?Artesania%20Nailer%20For%20WoodBoats

Push the nail into the plank as far as it will go with your fingers, then mount the nailer and push it in. No hammer required. 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel