Ersatzia false Wasa by philo426 - Billing Boats

Made the upper gun port "fruit loops".Not easy.first I had to put a piece of red oak in the vise,then I had the drill the inside hole,then cut the piece out with the coping saw and bevel the 4 edges with the block plane.Next I cut thin sections and then used a circle template to mark the diameter of the circles.Used a sanding drum in the Dremel to conform to the markings.Glued them on stained them.If I had a small lathe I could cut out many steps!I wish Dremel would make a lathe attachment w/tailstock!    001_zps306f3cc6.jpg

Actually it is a nice Art Deco-ish piece of art. Picasso would also aprove. I like your adaptation very much..fun...

PS: I really like your model aircrafts, now those look to be air-worthy.

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

i affixed it to the display base and have just about finished the rigging.i really like the way this came out and view it as an encouraging first step in my quest to build some of the icon vessels (Modern wasa kit,Victory Sovereign of the Seas etc).I am currently building the Steingreber Admiral vernon (see my build log if interested).Due to its size I may just construct the hull and leave it at that for the time being.I intend to purchase another modern kit soon that should be a vast improvement compared to the vintage kits I have been building I have pretty much .determined that i am cable of building a major ship model but I have to get more serious as to the historical accuracy of my builds and improve basic skills.Much thanks to the members of this forum for their helpful hints and advice!    20150928_102534_zpsqw0ckgmn.jpg

Edited by philo426