Bismarck by bcso7 - Trumpeter - 1/200 - PLASTIC

lovely work

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

What's your painting technique to keep the minute detail crisp? It looks great in the pictures.

Id'e like to know this aswel,  as i am painting a 1/700 scale british modern warship and its so hard to keep the detail and avoid over paint thickness even with tamiya acrylics...

C.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

I am actually using Wal-Mart brand primer gray. I just shake the can for about 3-4 minutes and do several very light coats. Takes a lol longer but it's worth it. I'll usually put 4 coats of paint, and I always make sure the paint is completely dry. I have been using flory models was after that. I have always built scale radio control aircraft and I used a trick from putting panel lines on the aircraft. I take a dark gray colored pencil and sharpen to as small a tip as I can get and trace back over the very small details and giving them shadows.

Do you have to warm the paint can to get the finest spray or does just the shaking prevent any splatters. You must have a verrrry steady hand to draw lines around the tiny bits. Do0 you have any before and after close ups of the detailiing effect?

D'Brat

Current Build - Bluenose II - AL

In the wings - HMS Supply - AL

One of the advantages of spraying or using an airbrush is the abilty to put on several super light coats so as to not hide the details.

David B

Do you have to warm the paint can to get the finest spray or does just the shaking prevent any splatters. You must have a verrrry steady hand to draw lines around the tiny bits. Do0 you have any before and after close ups of the detailiing effect?

have you tried clicking on the photo, to enlarge it?

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

I just make sure the temperature outside is warmish and humidity is low. I build in my house but do all spraying in garage of course. I keep all of my spray paints in my house so they are at a good temperature and it seems to work pretty good. If I need touchups on the photo etch instead of spraying everything again I spray the paint into a small plastic epoxy cup and use a very small brush. Thank you all so much doe the positive comments and trust me I am open to any and all suggestions.