Marine Model kit of Charles W Morgan

bud1

I have have a new unused model kit of the Charles W Morgan that was purchased from Marine Models Inc., many years ago. I am aware the company is out of business.  My problem is there are no plans in the box, and no direction at all.  I am a model rail roader but have no experience with ship building.  I would like to tackle this project but don't have a clue as to how or where to start. Is there anyone out there that has the plans for this kit?????

Thank Bud1

I guess that I'm a pack rat, but this was the second ship that I built around 45 years ago and I still have the plans. However, there are no instructions of the kind found in kits today. I would be happy to send you the plans if you would PM me with the necessary information. A few words of caution, though. The kit then contained a lot of lead castings. If your kit dates from that era, I don't know how they are packed or what their condition may be after all these years. Not only are they a hazard to use, they will deteriorate to the point of disappearance at some point after construction. You needn't ask how I know.

Bob

I have have a new unused model kit of the Charles W Morgan that was purchased from Marine Models Inc., many years ago. I am aware the company is out of business.  My problem is there are no plans in the box, and no direction at all.  I am a model rail roader but have no experience with ship building.  I would like to tackle this project but don't have a clue as to how or where to start. Is there anyone out there that has the plans for this kit?????

Thank Bud1

I also have the same kit that was gifted to me with many others.The C W Morgan is  down on my list to construct,however, I will be watching for your  construction posts. I was thinking of trying to obtain the construction book from the new versions to help with this model.So if anyone has a construction instruction book available, please contact me.

• 6 months later...