San Juan Nepomuceno Barge by Kenway - Artesania Latina - 1:25 scale - SMALL

Hi,a

my name is Adrian and i come from Germany. While playing AC4 Black Flag recently my interest for sailships was (re)awakened. Being in the hobby for at least 25 Years i have practically all the tools i need, including but no limited to, a cnc mill. This is my first ship, though. I have been into planes all these years, but my dad built some nice ships. I remember him spending a whole evening building 2 cannons or carving figures for the transom over weeks.

So, for the start i ordered this little ship. (I ordered the Virginia 1819 2 days after beginning with it, this will be my next build log after this is completed).

Today i completed the first planking of the hull. It was my first time doing this, but it turned out quite well. Virginia will be the next challenge, this one i want to build with more patience.

post-10222-0-73294500-1390767344_thumb.jpg

I wound some thread around the jaws, maybe that's not historically accurate, but i looks definitely better than just glued together.

post-10222-0-52975800-1390767400_thumb.jpg

For attaching the bowsprit to the main mast, i remembered a knot from my time at the THW (a german agency for disaster control). Again, maybe not historically correct, but good looking.

post-10222-0-30974800-1390767337_thumb.jpg

Thats all for today, see you.

Adrian

Edited by Kenway