Hi Mihai -- The planking looks very nice, with even lines.  Your coppering is meticulous.  Congratulations on that!  But your painting is just spectacular!!!  The colors complement the decoration very well.

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Mihai -- The planking looks very nice, with even lines.  Your coppering is meticulous.  Congratulations on that!  But your painting is just spectacular!!!  The colors complement the decoration very well.

Cheers,

Martin

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much, the color was a bit of a gamble, because the side with the decorations was supposed to be blue according to the plans and most of the other colleagues who built the Pegasus before me also opted for blue, but black was my choice and i'm glad I got some positive feedback.

Cheers, 

Mihai

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/9/2016 at 12:02 PM, S.Coleman said:

I love the block and tackle for the steering lines. Is that normal for the wheel and stand to be white?

Hey Scott, thank you, glad you like it. I painted them white based just on the picture on the box. In real life probably white would not be the color of choice, but it looks nice :D

1 minute ago, Mirabell61 said:

Nice job done Mihai,

are you thinking of measures for dust protection....(glas casing or so ?)

Nils

Hey Nils, thank you!

I had a glass casing before for my ships, but after I renovated my place, the wall stands that I have can't handle too much weight, so i'll use a brush from time to time to clear the dust.

22 minutes ago, Blue Ensign said:

Congratulations Mihai, a very nice result, and a great collection of completion photo's; she looks splendid in place on your shelf.

Your choice of black for the Topsides is historically correct as black was the 'official' colour for British Navy.

Regards,

B.E.

Thank you very much, I have to admit, yours was an inspiration.

5 minutes ago, yvesvidal said:

This is absolutely superb. 

I am waiting for the Cross-Section kit of the Pegasus from Chuck, and your pictures and beautiful build will be a source of inspiration for the kit.

Congratulations on that fantastic museum piece.

Yves

Thank you Yves, glad you like it, I don't know what to say about "museum piece" but I appreciate it :D

14 minutes ago, Martin W said:

Terrific work, Mihai, and congratulations.  I also have to say that I love the look of your walls -- very handsome!

Cheers,

Martin

Thank you Martin, I see your Fly is turning into a swan. Ah, and I have to admit that my wife had the idea with the walls;)

Cheers,

Mihai

Certainly worth the wait Mihai. She looks stunning, a real masterpiece, and has a very nice display, my hat off to your wife for her great input. Well done!

Cheers,

31 minutes ago, cog said:

Certainly worth the wait Mihai. She looks stunning, a real masterpiece, and has a very nice display, my hat off to your wife for her great input. Well done!

Cheers,

Thank you Carl, glad you like it.  Cheers:cheers: