Enterprise by Muzzlehead - Constructo - 1:51

Fear & Loathing with lens distortion.

I went down the entire lower hull with my contour gauge, and found a few deviations and corrected them.  The majority of my prior hull pics were the result of lens distortion off my camera phone. 

I re-shot the hull with my 35mm camera and added the phone shots for comparison.

post-10688-0-09265100-1393951274.jpg

There is still some slight distortion with the 35mm but nothing compared to phone!

post-10688-0-34133300-1393951296.jpg

Next up is building the bulwark, then scuppers and gun ports, then stem/keel/stern post/ solepiece, and then secondary planking.

Though I am considering moving the carving of the scuppers & gun ports after secondary planking... I will contemplate that as I build the bulwark  ;)

Current Build:   Constructo Enterprise

I need to sneak a macro lens purchase past my Obersturmführer..... for now I will have to make do with my stock 50- 35mm lens  ;)

Problem with my 35mm camera is it does not wirelessly transfer pics.

Overall I am lazy, I prefer shooting the pic and uploading it as opposed to shooting then connecting to my pc with a wire and uploading from there.  I will discipline myself and no longer shoot pics of my WIP off my phone.

What body are you using? Many of the bodies today you can hard wire to your PC. They are slow I understand though. I just keep a reader close by and download as soon as I finish.

I *think* both cannon and Nikon offer modules that will transfer wirelessly. I don't know the transfer rate though.

Sam

Edited by src

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

• 7 months later...

I am back! Real Life stole time from me but things have calmed and now I have time for the important things in life :10_1_10:

I am preparing for my second layer of planking, currently I am finishing off my stern

post-10688-0-36347100-1413221406_thumb.jpg

Edited by Muzzlehead