PAMIR 1905 by Mirabell61 - 4 mast barque scale 1:96 - -cargo sailing tallship - as she appeared since 1951/1952 - lost 1957 - Finished

Oh Crackers, what a great Finale....!

you make me smile to both ears, thank you so much for These nice words and your clip...

It realy was a pleasure for me to post that complete build log, hopefuly someone else shall also be inspired to do one of the Flying P-Liners one day.

I was myself thinking about the "Potosi" or the "Preussen", but in scale 1:96 they would turn out as Monsters in length, allthough being the non plus ultra in challenge (in model) being the racehorses of the freight sailing tallships.

Perhaps I may in future start a build log of the german navy 3-mast barque "Gorch Fock 2", in Version of the late 1960 ties, but that would have to be rearranged out of my photo Archive and set up into sequential parts first.

again many thanks

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

you are most welcome Nils........thanks for showing how this beautiful model was built  :)   you've got some great skills and an eye for detail!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Popeye,

thank you very much for your words

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

Nils, your last two posts of photos were absolutely breathtaking!  Thanks so much for posting your build log, it was a real treat to see photos of your beautiful model.  As others have mentioned you now have a following of modelers addicted to seeing photos of your work.  I am eager for you to start your next build log! 

john

John

future build: to finish Mary Rose

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/8507-mary-rose-by-tarbrush-scale-172-1545/?hl=%2Bmary+%2Brose

completed builds:  Constructo Steam Launch Louise

Cheers! Absolutely beautiful.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

John,

thank you very much for your appreciative and encouraging words, and this goes as well to all the many other fellow mates who liked the Pamir Build log as well. I feel very honoured for the results of my work being liked so much, and for myself it has been a great pleasure to share this with others. Maybe the one or other tip could be of use or inspirative, I also shall adopt likewise good tips out of this Forum.

I have decided to post another complete build log, probably beginning in the coming week.

Again many thanks John

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Bob,

my thanks go to you, I`m happy that you had pleasure with the build log

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

A fine comment of yours Bob,

Thank you very much

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Nils,

Let me add my thanks to you for posting the beautiful pictures of the very excellent build.

Ed

John and Ed

also to both of you my heartly thanks for your fine words, the pleasure was on my side as this build log was so much liked

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

I'll add another voice to the appreciative chorus.  Thanks for sharing this beautiful build, Nils.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you very much Mark,

I realy feel quite flattered today from all those incoming appreciative comments....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Thank you Lou,

thats a nice one I must remember

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Crackers,

I am writing on the introduction for my Gorch Fock 2 build log,

and am sorting the sequential parts

Shall post it tomorrow beginning with build log part 1

Nils

post-3445-0-40851300-1393692378_thumb.jpg

German Navy (Bundesmarine) cadet training 3-mast barque Gorch Fock 2

in Version of the 1960 ties...

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Crackers,

Beethoven is excellent, but I'd prefer Mendelssohn's Scottish Synphony.

Can't go wrong with the Brandenburg Concerti or Handel's Water Music either.

If I were building more modern warships (especially WW2) i'd go with Richard Roger's music from "Victory at Sea".

But to each their own.

Glad to see a build log of the Gorch Fock in the works.

Thanks,

Harvey

Edited by capnharv2

is this a build you've already completed,  or is this you next build?   I wouldn't miss it for the world!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Popeye,

that one will be the build I had completed a couple of months before the Pamir, (my first and "prototype" tallship)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

• 7 months later...

Nils,

Germanus Hullen sent me the link to this build. I didn't even know this build was taking place till today. I can only echo what has already been said, simply outstanding and a true thing of beauty. Looking forward to to the Gorch Fock if that's what you're intending to build. I will watch closely with intent.

Jeff

A mighty fortress is our God a bulwark never failing!

Thank you Jeff and Omega,

please feel free to to click ( in my signiture) into my "Gorch Fock" build log if you have interest for that tallship.....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

• 1 year later...

Hi Dan,

thanks for dropping in and coming aboard the "Pamir"

I`m glad glad that you enjoyed the build log, together with the "Gorck Fock II" model These were my first two tallships.

I also very much enjoyed your super looking dioramas

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Thanks very much Greg,

The model is displayed in a glass case in my work room, I`m glad you like it

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Auwi said:

Nils: Congratulations for such excellent work with the Pamir.I remember when she was lost . I was very impressed since I was 17 years old and thought of the many cadets that were lost on that accident

Alvaro Mendoza

Thank you very much for your words Alvaro, in Sept. this year it will be 60 years since that great P-Liner foundered, I was 9 years old and I also remember from the news and radio reports it was quite touching to follow...., only 6 young lads survived in broken down lifeboat wrecks after several days

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed