HMAT Supply by Kiwiron - FINISHED - Caldercraft 1/64

She's looking really fine.  Lots of fun handling these tiny bitts.  Get used to it!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Thanks a lot men, i must say i'm enjoying it,onto the yards next before the shrouds,gulp.Now where did that 3mm block go.

Edited by kiwiron

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

glad your having fun!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

More or less done with the yards i'll probably glue the foot ropes to get a better shape.The spirit sail yard was a balls up on the plan.The size,location and number of blocks was wrong only by looking at the last plan sheet  could i figure out what i was supposed to do.Lucky i have all of Frank's photo's as back up,i can't thank you enough Frank for doing the Supply.Time now to see if i have the other yards set up o.k. 

post-837-0-50177300-1369015611_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-27473500-1369015613_thumb.jpg

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Get set for some yardwork  :D 

They look great

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

nice!!!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Thanks Augie and Popeye.I had to do a dry fit of the yards,i could'nt resist it,looking like a ship now.It's great when you can see some progress.I'll put the yards away for safe keeping now along with the anchors.Done the yardwork inside now for the real yardwork outside Augie.Hope the fish are biting. 

post-837-0-63259100-1369102149_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-88753300-1369102152_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-97783200-1369102156_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-75724900-1369102159_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-68671400-1369102162_thumb.jpg

Ron-

Your photo just reminded me of where you are.  Better finish before it snows!!!!!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

True Augie it feels like winter already,we should get some snow and it's not to late for a spring dump for you either just after you've taken the snow tires off.

looks really sweet Ron....very well done ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hey Ron..... Wow! you're moving right along.... nice work on the yards, they look great. I left a message for you on my log, but I'll say it here too, let me know what might be of any help. OK ?

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Gaff booms done,line then up properly with the rigging later on.Done my first shroud using a tool based on Franks one,i used 3 small nails top and bottom on the tool.It took a few goes to get the shroud glue to hold but got it right now for the others.

post-837-0-47217700-1369299249_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-86001800-1369299251_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-11242200-1369299254_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-59899300-1369299257_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-61038300-1369299260_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-81660700-1369299262_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-36344400-1369299265_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-59196200-1369299267_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-81295800-1369299269_thumb.jpg

Great start.  Nice simple jig.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

nice..........buzzing right along,  I see.  I would tie a line on that gaff though......I can see that breaking from the weight

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

HI Ron..... the deadeye spacer looks good... you might want to cut the top of it down a little so you can see the deadeye, it makes it easier to tie the shroud to it . I hope I'm not jumping ahead here, but it looks like you set just one shroud. They should be set in pairs . Take a look at the plans and you'll see what I mean.( 2 starboard-2 port -2 starboard- 2 port  etc. )

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Thanks for your comments guys.Runner 63 it's not good close up looks like she's just arrived in Aussie.Popeye i'll put a temporary rope on the gaff,good idea.Thanks Frank, i've now done one line each side makes sense to keep the mast straight,just waiting for glue to dry on the 3rd shroud,once you get the first one you know how to do it so should be easy now.

Edited by kiwiron

just a temporary thing......hate to hear about the look on your face when it goes snap.   perls are harder to find than blocks.   your doing a great job,  Ron  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...

Deadeyes looking nice and evenly spaced.  And nothing like rudder chains to add some 'bling'.

Nice!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Very nice Ron.... you've got it going... the shrouds look good... like your chain too !! 

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

totally agree with all the others Ron.........nice job!    your coming along great with the ratlines.   I,  myself.....have to get a move on.....I want to join in on all the good stuff too!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

PS-  I've noticed you've moved your photo shoots indoors.  Starting to cool off down there????

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Sweet work, Ron.  The deadeyes look perfect. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks men for your comments they are nice to hear from experts.Into winter now we had 2" of snow the end of may a bit early for that stuff though.

.......you mean......you don't call it December over there?     ........funny how the globe spins.......huh!   LOL!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good work until now but it is very strange when I see your Supplykit  from caldercraft and my Supply from Artesanie Latina, can´t belive that. In the next 2 or 3 Day´s I put some pic´s in  so you can see what I mean.....so many differences between the two kits....!!!

With best regards

Tom

Current Kit Build Log

The Sovereign of the Seas 1/84

commissioning

HMS Supply