HMAT Supply by Kiwiron - FINISHED - Caldercraft 1/64

excellent work Ron!   she's looking splendid!  there's no denying the silhouette shot..........imagine her fully rigged!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Great work  ..... and a terrific photo.  She'll be done for your Spring !

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Thanks a lot men,getting there spring is nearly here,the silhouette shot was the only way i could see the rigging.I guess you could try a plain wall or white sheet behind it.

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Hi Ron,

Looking good.  Looks like you are on the home ward stretch now.

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

nice rigging Ron!   looks really good......now for the yards!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Thanks Popeye,I'm just doing a dry fit of the yards for the photos then trying furled sails.What do people think of the one i have done,needs more tea stain.If that still leaves a white patch i'll stain some more Calico Denis Pink kindly gave me from Auckland,Ron.

post-837-0-63833700-1378085353_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-46199700-1378085355_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-34996700-1378085357_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-81263600-1378085358_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-21145300-1378085360_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-57789100-1378085361_thumb.jpg

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Look'n real good Ron...... the sail looks good, i'm glad you decided to put the sails on, it dresses her up nicely :D  I don't know if its the way the computer shows , but the color of the sail looks a little on the pink side, maybe just the lighting too, anyhow , nice work!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

earl gray.........or orange peoke...it's all in the tea ;)    heck,  I've even heard some folks use coffee.   I love it Ron......looking quite stunning!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good one Popeye,i wondered what tea people used,i guess whatever is in the cupboard.Mine will be Kenya gold from Kericho,Kenya and Dilmah from Sri Lanka,you can heat it up to drink it when you've finished with it as well.

is that the same yard?.............nice ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Thanks Popeye,it is the same yard just a bigger sail and a new rope walk.The old rope walk was to stiff with glue and too long.The wider yards should look better as well.Once you get the technique for one new job the rest is easy just like the rest of the ship,as you know.

Ok this is the finished yard,next one i'll use less sail to open it out more between tie down ropes and get the sides narrower against the yard.One down 6 to go plus gaffs.

post-837-0-41883100-1378531533_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiwiron

Hi Ron

Looking better by the day well done.

To keep the furls in shape, try and put some diluted PVA glue ( 50% glue 50% water )  on the folds with a small paint brush , but try it on some scrap tea soaked calico first OK.

This will stop them going out of shape .

I do agree about using less sail cloth , but it is all hit and miss.

I hope this helps you.

Denis.

Hi Ron

I like your work on the sails. Adding sails in any form, furled or otherwise, is a very courageous modelling step to take - a step that I'll skip for the meantime being too difficult for me. Good on you and they are looking really good. I think they will really enhance your model and I look forward to the finished shots - not far away!

Cheers

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Thanks Alistair,don't hesitate on having a go at it.I'm having a go being a complete amateur at all of this and my first sailing ship.

Thanks Denis,it's got a lot of faults close up but hopefully i can improve for the next one.I've got another one waiting patiently in the wardrobe.The Occre Endeavour for a good deal about half the price we can get it for here.But now Cornwall model boats have it for a good price.The Occre instructions i have had before are great lots of detail.

ahhhhh.....the  'own worst critic' again.........he is a tremendous boxer.  he bobs and weaves like the best of them......he can throw  'doubt' like no other.   but, I'm afraid he's punching 'air' on this one.   you should have KO'd 'em in the first round Ron.......for your first sailing Ship,  you've done a superb job on her.   'taint nothing shabby about this fine lady.   she'd going to look fine when you get all the yards mounted......keep up the good work!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Ron

Popeye is correct , I was the same as you, saying I will have to do better next time.

Popeye looked at my log and put me in my place, Mr Critic should be put in a box 6 foot down and left there .

Thank you Popeye for opening my eyes....

Denis.