Lettie G. Howard -fishing schooner by maurino -Finished

Mauro, that looks like a great start. I look forward to seeing the continuation.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Ciao Mauro,

Your Lettie Howard is looking  very nice.  Do not forget to scrape a little of the paint on the bulkheads when you glue  on the bulkhead stanchions so the glue gets into the wood. . 

Are you going to include the foretop mast or leave it off as she is rigged today? 

Thank you for posting the photos.

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

@ David , I hope that my model is satisfactory for me and for those who follow my work ...

@ Michael, thank you very much, I hope not to disappoint you!

@ Allanyed, I do not know yet how I will do my model, I started from the designs of the "Lettie" but mine will be a model of fantasy, a work in progress ................

To all of you I apologize for my post, I'm using the Google translator is not always fully understand your questions ...........
Mauro

Nice to see someone else building the Lettie it will be interesting to see the differences.  I am trying to build her as she was originally built.  Looks like yours is as she is now.  Am I right?

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Bob , mine is a schooner built from the plans of the "Lettie" but is a fantasy model . Will look like but does not want to be copying . I want to make a generic schooner , not identical to the original , customized by me . I will follow your work, it will be for me a source of inspiration .

Mauro

Sounds like you're in it for the fun of the build.  That's great and lots of fun.  I'm anxious to see the finished boat.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Shes's coming a long nicely.  I've grown to love these fishing schooners.  They have such beautiful lines.   

The Grand Banks fishing schooner was designrf for s[[ed as well as cargo.  The first vessel out to the fishing grounds got the best fish and the first vessel baxk got the best price,

David B

nice coppering Maurino,

with what tool did you Ponce the tape ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

congrats Mauro,

very smart solution !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

Mauro,

I see things are moving on the "tape side plating"....

I found your solution so nice that I had itching fingers to give it a Trial myself. Here the result made with an old Wood file. Put alu or copper tape (shiny side up) partially on it and rubbed it down and over with a rubber erasor,

I must say, very good idea of yours..

Nils

post-3445-0-61114800-1393597970_thumb.jpg

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Beautiful work she looks great!  Very inventive idea with the file.