Lettie G. Howard -fishing schooner by maurino -Finished

Nicely done Mauro.  As for the crew maybe they are taking a break.  A little drink to cool things off.

David B

Hi Mauro. She's a real beauty! Looks the part and really nice and clourful. Well done.

Are you planning your next model? If so, are you able to say what it is yet?

Hi, I'm currently building the H.M.S.Beagle, but it is my custom to do at least 2 models at the same time and I'm still choosing which build another ship.

Mauro

Well done.  She's a fine looking boat.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Congrats Mauro,

you have produced a very nice looking schooner, I always admire your skill in handsewing the sails (beautiful sails !), also the differnt Color of the sails, due to their wear in duty time. The Crew is probably just having their midday break. I love models under sail, it`s like the Sauce to the meat

What are you planing next Mauro, and to share with us ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Congrats Mauro,

you have produced a very nice looking schooner, I always admire your skill in handsewing the sails (beautiful sails !), also the differnt Color of the sails, due to their wear in duty time. The Crew is probably just having their midday break. I love models under sail, it`s like the Sauce to the meat

What are you planing next Mauro, and to share with us ?

Nils

Hi Nils, we Italians are very good in the work of haute couture (Armani, Trussardi, Versace ......), I also work with me in the hollow needle and thread !!! The crew is too static, but at this scale I have not found anything better. Currently I'm building the Beagle and I'm looking for a new model to be assembled at the same time, but are still undecided .....

Mauro

Ciao Mauro

I like your model very much.  The rigging looks very good, including the beautiful knots for the ratlines on the shrouds.  I have one question, I hope you don't mind.  There is the main sheet block rigged to the horse on the transom, but there is also another block rigged to the same horse.  What is the second line?

Again, very well done model, thank you for sharing.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 2 months later...

Hi Maurino

I just found your great build log on your fishing schooner, I have been so very much tied up in my own little corner building the HMS Victory that I have misted yours and many other builds on the MSW Form, for this I am very sorry as I have misted a lot.of great builds. Your build caught my eye as I will be building a fishing schooner that my Great Grand Father Commanded in the early 1900th, the Annie M. Parker, your build has given me a lot of ideas to think about when I complete HMS Victory around Christmas time take or give a bit. You have built a fine ship with a lot of detail that I love so much, well done,                                              ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence 

Hi Lawrence, thank you for the kind words that you gave to my schooner, makes me glad that my modest model you liked it. I am sure that you will do a great job !!!

Mauro

Hi Nils, we Italians are very good in the work of haute couture (Armani, Trussardi, Versace ......), I also work with me in the hollow needle and thread !!! The crew is too static, but at this scale I have not found anything better. Currently I'm building the Beagle and I'm looking for a new model to be assembled at the same time, but are still undecided .....

Mauro

Ciao, vorrei sapere dove posso trovare piani e questa bellezza, io sono un principiante e non voglio lavorare kit. Io voglio fare dopo i piani, e sarei amici, vi ringrazio se mi potete aiutare in qualche modo

Ciao, vorrei sapere dove posso trovare piani e questa bellezza, io sono un principiante e non voglio lavorare kit. Io voglio fare dopo i piani, e sarei amici, vi ringrazio se mi potete aiutare in qualche modo

Hi, you have to search on Google "Lettie G. Howard plans", there is enough material to build your model !!!

Mauro

Here are the Lettie G. Howard plans I used.

Bob

http://www.themodelshipwright.com/high-resolution-ship-plans/sailing-vessels/244-2/

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray