Gorch Fock 2 barque by Nils Langemann - scale1:95- Finished

Hi Omega,

Thank you very much for your appreciative words.

I built two tallships nearly simultainiously. The "Gorch Fock" was completed first and many experienced "how to do tasks" could be adopted and tried out for my "Pamir" build, which completed appr. two months later

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thank you very much Klaus,

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

• 4 months later...

WOW Nils this ship is impressive, the attention to details, the planking.

I like the soldering of the brass (Is it brass?) I am drooling all over what you have completed with the masts and lets not forget the attention of details..... again.

I am just amazed with all the metal work.

I like the way you add a figure in the picture to show the correct scale of the items.

In post 103 I like what you did to 2 clothes pins. Glue 2 together and create a larger clamp (I am going to do that as well), thanks for the tip.

I enjoy how you slowly fill the deck with the necessary items.

On build log part 35 (post #133) what do you use to put the brass railing's together? Are you soldering this? It looks perfect, such even spacing's. I just read post #151 and I think you answered my question.

I am glad you added the sails (as I always do myself). It gives a complete look of the ship but some people say that it hides the rigging and parts of the spars and masts. Just view the ship from all angles.

Excellent paint job as well.

When I lived in Amsterdam in 85, the Tall Ship SAIL show had the Gorch Fock 1 and she was impressive.

I actually did a cross stitch from her. (From all the cross stitches I have done in my life this is one I kept and the rest have been given away).

post-2705-0-90200300-1421330170_thumb.jpg

Top left - Crest of Amsterdam

Middle left - Figure head from a museum in Milan.

Bottom - All the flags from countries that participated and rest is the ship itself.

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Hello Marc,

thanks very much for dropping in. I saw from all your likes that you you had a good look at the GF log, and you are wellcome at all times. If your railing related questions are answered so far thats fine, otherwise fell free to ask at any time, I`ll be happy to help...... 

I Chose brass material for masting, Yards, tops, etc,... because I can work quicker with metal, when stepping tubes and soldering, than to taper wooden dowels. Also there are so many shrouds, stays, backstays, that have to be taughtly set (buckle screws) and that brings quite some Tension on the masting as well as the various anchoring Points on and below the decks.

relating to the sails, I do`nt feel they hide any of the other Details, I decided to set the sails in braced mode, Thats showing more dynamic and one has full sight to the sails as well as a good sight to the rigging from the "weather-side". Pamir and now my HMS Pegasus bear the same Feature for that reason

I know from one of your earlier Posts that you are also building the GF, I wish you good Progress and success along with your build,

That cross stitch Picture of yours is excellent, I like it very much

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

• 5 months later...

Hi Eric,

thanks for your comment..

I`ve had a look around but unfortunately have neighther seen scale plans for AvH #1 nor the new AvH #2, but I`ll Keep in mind and come back to you if I come across anywhere.

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

thank you Johann,

for your kind appreciation, I`m glad you like the ship...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed