Constitution by patrickmil - Model Shipways - 1/76th

Looking really fine!!!!!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Thanks for the likes and comments to all. CaptainSteve, I will scan those in and send them to you. If you guessed eight windows then you were absolutely correct. I'm going with the configuration that Cmdr Martin describes in A Most Fortunate Ship. There is a good picture of the stern in Anatomy of the Ship and I have a drawing of the stern that was made by William Bass. Bass's drawings don't match up exactly with what is in AOTS and are supposed to be a more authentic representation of what she would have looked like, but the drawing doesn't apply easily to the the back of Connie either. I will making more of a hybrid of the AOTS and Bass's drawing.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

looking super Patrick.........welcome back to the table!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Looks like you are making some real nice progress Patrick...... sorry I missed the party, but Happy (belated) Birthday!!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Guest Tim I.

Thanks for the likes and comments to all. CaptainSteve, I will scan those in and send them to you. If you guessed eight windows then you were absolutely correct. I'm going with the configuration that Cmdr Martin describes in A Most Fortunate Ship. There is a good picture of the stern in Anatomy of the Ship and I have a drawing of the stern that was made by William Bass. Bass's drawings don't match up exactly with what is in AOTS and are supposed to be a more authentic representation of what she would have looked like, but the drawing doesn't apply easily to the the back of Connie either. I will making more of a hybrid of the AOTS and Bass's drawing.

Patrick,

Is it possible for you to share the drawing you have of the stern by William Bass?

Thank you,

Tim

• 2 months later...

Hello Patrick so far I like your redesigned stern but I have one question isn't the rudder going to interfere with one of the timbers? You eliminated the block that had the hole for the rudder I would like to see how you figure out a solution to this.

• 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Sjors! It has been some time. My mojo has been seriously lacking on wooden ships lately. I do still have Connie and pick her up from time to time to see if the bug bites me again. With my youngest almost flying from the nest, my wife and I should be moving in a year or two and that should come with a much larger work space to spread things out. I'm positive Connie will be resumed soon after that.

Best,

Patrick

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne