Constitution by patrickmil - Model Shipways - 1/76th

Thanks Bob. I was trying for something that I would be able to reuse with other builds down the road. It's pretty basic but it should allow me to adequately measure certain aspects on my hull for a more accurate build.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Guest Tim I.

Patrick,

I like your jig. The stern and aft supports for the posts is something I have considered for mine, but have never done. Your "Connie" is looking great!

Good luck fishing. I went out for the first time last week, but no luck. Those swim baits should get some hits.

- Tim

Tim, thanks for looking in. It's my first official building slip. I'm sure down the road I'll be adding some 'features' to it as I discover my needs with future builds.

Thanks,

Patrick

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

if you made it so that it's adjustable,  it will be more versatile.   I started out doing the same thing........then I got one of the Billing's slips.

looks good'n sturdy though  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Popeye. I tried to make it good and sturdy. Ben, thanks for looking in. I was hoping to use this in future builds and thinking that it may help give me better measurements while building.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Yeah, nice Patrick, good job on the slip.... and good fishing too!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Thanks Frank! It looks like it's going to be raining for the next couple of days so I should be able to post some updates. 

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Thanks Frank! It looks like it's going to be raining for the next couple of days so I should be able to post some updates. 

Don't let a little rain stop you from doing some fishing. Here in the Pacific Northwest if we let the rain stop us we would never do any fishing. The fish are wet anyway. :D

The heart is happiest when the head and the hands work together.

Al

Current Builds:

HMS Halifax 1/48 POF Lumberyard Kit

Model Shipways Glad Tidings

Acoustic Guitar Build FINISHED

sometimes it's good during a light rain..........keeps the bugs close to the water  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Guest Tim I.

Patrick,

What cannon will you be using on the gun deck? I believe that the cannons for the gun deck are false cannon.

- Tim

Al, our rain wasn't just a little rain. I usually avoid water during lightning.  :D Michael, Ben and Popeye, workshop time is just what I needed. While working with some veneer I tried slicing my left index finger off with a utility knife. OUCH!!! So I'm pretty much relegated to the indoors on the orders of my admiral. Tim, I plan on purchasing the cannons from MS for the gundeck. As far as the spar deck, I'm still looking around and weighing my options.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Well, now we all know you're right handed.  Sorry about the mishap and hope all heals well.  Here's hoping you haven't started a trend - I recall a span a while back where he had 3-4 builders down from hand to hand combat with cutting tools!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

sorry to hear about the injury.   rest and heal up......i'll be watching  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Didn,t anyone tell you that sharp knives are dangerous blood stains are hard to remove from wood ,don,t ask me how i know .Seriously i hope it,s not to serious ,and i like your build board,might try something similiar  . Don,t let the loss of a fingerslow the build ,you have got seven others ,at least i hope you have .Have Fun 

Guys, thanks for the thoughts. I'm not going to sit and do nothing while my hand heals though. When it happened, I gave it prompt attention by cutting off the blood supply with a rubber band, cleaning it, gluing it closed and wrapping it. This happened on Wednesday night. The cut, despite being 1/4" deep is completely closed up now. And no, I didn't spill any red paint on Connie.  :D  :D  :D  :D

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Glued it shut, eh?

I've done that a number of times myself with Super Glue on some pretty good sized cuts. That was it's original use after all.. Hope you can get back to it soon Patrick. 

Joe Volz

Current build:

Model Shipways "Benjamin W. Latham"

Completed  builds on MSW:

Caldercraft HMS "Cruizer   Caldercraft HMBV "Granado"   Model Shipways "Prince De Neufchatel"

Guys, thanks for the thoughts. I'm not going to sit and do nothing while my hand heals though. When it happened, I gave it prompt attention by cutting off the blood supply with a rubber band, cleaning it, gluing it closed and wrapping it. This happened on Wednesday night. The cut, despite being 1/4" deep is completely closed up now. And no, I didn't spill any red paint on Connie.  :D  :D  :D  :D

Glad its doing well.  I always thought that a bit of blood was good for the project...  Kinda like a christening.

(and yes, Halifax has already been christened)

Joe, in fact, when I glue cuts back together they usually heal better and faster than otherwise. People typically look at me like I'm a crazy person when I explain the history of superglue. Oh well, if they don't believe me. Welcome to my log by the way. Michael, I'm hoping not to Christen my Constitution. I've already done that on past builds and I'm not sure I like cleaning it up too much. I think I might actually have an update with pictures later on. I'm waiting on my keel to dry.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

considering the inner bulwarks aren't red  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Patrick, just read about your injury, sorry to hear.  You sending pictures of the keel or your finger?  ;)  So far, knock on wood, I haven't had to deal with any shipyard injuries.

Sal

Nautical Research Guild

Current

USCG Harriet Lane - Model Shipways

Complete 

U.S. Brig Syren - Model Shipways

New York Pilot Boat 'Phantom' 1868 - Model Shipways

The keel will be in pictures tonight. I'm also hoping to get some gunports framed in too.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Ben, I have been slacking on the pictures. I will post some of my keel and her in her building slip. I was hoping to get more done on the stern framing first, but I'm having to rethink my approach. Robert, welcome to my log and thanks for the compliment.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Interested in seeing the Keel/stern work.  I remember that the stern did give me a bit of problem on this kit.  I cannot remember what I did to get through it though.   I gotta think about getting a building slip myself (so far just using some foam blocks for my ship as they sit upright)