Constitution by patrickmil - Model Shipways - 1/76th

Hey Patrick, sorry to hear about your mishap...... hope your healing o.k. so you can get back to some more building . Take care!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Michael, I think I have the stern under control at this point. It just took some figuring to get the shape right for the configuration I want to model. Frank, the finger has healed nicely so far. 

With that being said, I've been away for a bit due to some issues with my chest. We're not sure if it's my heart or lungs yet. More tests to be ran... The silver lining here is that I am taking the week off of work for the tests and to keep my blood pressure under control. Work for me is over-the-phone IT support and it's raised my BP to some very bad levels. With the week off of work, I have plenty of shipyard time which helps me relax more than anything else.

I finally have some pictures of progress!!!! Since I'm going with the configuration off of drawings from Constitution's alleged original stern, I had to completely discard the lasercut pieces from the kit. This original stern had more of a severe cant than today. To add to that, the eight windows really make it convoluted. I designed and cut my own stern timbers and have got these in place. My next step will be to get some window framing in place to strengthen the stern. Thanks for staying tuned. 

post-122-0-46874500-1401025879_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-81424400-1401025885_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-11792700-1401025893_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-49423300-1401025900_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Patrick,

I hope every thing will be all right with the health issue....

Just keep calm !

You are also take a little D-tour to the dark side I see.... :P  :P

As far I can see it looks good at the stern.

But what do I know about it ?

Totally nothing but it sounds so good !!!!!!!

Just kidding !!!!!

Great job so far.

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Sjors, thanks for dropping by. I am going to work very hard at taking it easy.  :D  :D  :D  I'll get some framing in and get some pictures up soon.

Thanks,

Patrick

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Patrick, all the best to you with regard to your health issues.

The stern is shaping up well and looks to be a good start on your ambitious project.

Bob

Thanks for the kind words Bob. I'm really happy to be making sawdust again.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

I have been following your log.  I hope someday to build the Constitution.  If only it didn't take years to build these models :P Concerning your health issues for what it is worth I went through something similar about a year ago.  After stress test, MRI's, tons of test and a lot of money, everything turned out ok.  I was under a lot of stress and letting things bother me, work, family, ext..  After a regiment of Prilosec and learning I had to reduce the things that were causing me stress in my life things improved. I stared eating right, exercise, and loosing a little weight and In fact its one of the reasons I started work on my Pride of Baltimore II again, in order to help put my mind on something else.  I am sure all will turn out well for you.  Best Wishes

Edited by Blue Pilot

Mark

Current Builds: 18th Century Merchantman 1/2 Hull  Smuggler  Pride of Baltimore II

Gallery:  Yankee Hero  Armed Virginia Sloop
Future Builds: Rattlesnake, Fair American

Hi Patrick

Sorry to hear of your health issues mate, unfortunately many ailments have a tendency to creep up on us and before you know where you are there is a fistful of problems.

You know what it is you have to do and I wish you every success at it, just be careful when you do go back to work.

The framing is coming on really nicely and I'm sure will go a long way to reduce your stress levels.

Take Care

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Really sorry to hear about the health issues.  You're doing the right thing in getting some down time and having them run a full battery of tests.  They can do wonders these days.  Hell, I'm about 5 years past my expiration date :D

Stern is looking really fine.  Check 16 times and make sure that angle is correct +/- 0 degrees!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Guest Tim I.

Michael, I think I have the stern under control at this point. It just took some figuring to get the shape right for the configuration I want to model. Frank, the finger has healed nicely so far. 

With that being said, I've been away for a bit due to some issues with my chest. We're not sure if it's my heart or lungs yet. More tests to be ran... The silver lining here is that I am taking the week off of work for the tests and to keep my blood pressure under control. Work for me is over-the-phone IT support and it's raised my BP to some very bad levels. With the week off of work, I have plenty of shipyard time which helps me relax more than anything else.

I finally have some pictures of progress!!!! Since I'm going with the configuration off of drawings from Constitution's alleged original stern, I had to completely discard the lasercut pieces from the kit. This original stern had more of a severe cant than today. To add to that, the eight windows really make it convoluted. I designed and cut my own stern timbers and have got these in place. My next step will be to get some window framing in place to strengthen the stern. Thanks for staying tuned. 

Patrick,

I hope they figure out your health concern quickly, and that it does not cause you any discomfort. In looking at the illustrations you are using as a basis for the stern. would you be willing to share where you found them? I have this kit on the shelf, and also would like to kitbash it back to either the 1790-1805 fitting, or possibly follow the Hull model.

Watching with great interest!

Thank you,

Tim

Edited by Tim I.

sorry to hear of your issues........I wish you well and a speedy resolve.   the world around us has changed so much.....it's gotten to the point,  that they want everything done yesterday.   I used to enjoy working..........today,  I can't wait to retire!  take care of yourself and get better....I'll be thinking of you ;)

good to see some progress.......the framing looks really good!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Keep that stress down my friend. Your health and family come before anything else. I have found that between walking, eating right and working on my hobbies when I can is the best medicine. 

By the way the stern of the Constitution looks great. 

Al D.

The heart is happiest when the head and the hands work together.

Al

Current Builds:

HMS Halifax 1/48 POF Lumberyard Kit

Model Shipways Glad Tidings

Acoustic Guitar Build FINISHED

Nice work on the stern. I can't wait to see how this will look compared to the stock stern in the kit.

Stay calm. Modelling is a big help (most of the time).

Just catching up, hope you're feeling better Patrick....... your build is looking real nice!!.... stay calm!! :)

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Patrick, hope you're feeling better.  You need to stay calm, it's only work.  I can say that now but thirty years ago I was the same way.  You need to take care of yourself, who else is going to help me with my build :) .  Your's by the way is looking terrific. 

Sal

Nautical Research Guild

Current

USCG Harriet Lane - Model Shipways

Complete 

U.S. Brig Syren - Model Shipways

New York Pilot Boat 'Phantom' 1868 - Model Shipways

Guest Tim I.

Patrick,

The illustrations you are using for the stern, would you be willing to share where you found them?

Thank you,

Tim

Everybody, thanks for the well wishes. I have been taking it easy and have had some time off of work to relax. I have gotten some work done on Constitution but I am not ready to post pictures yet. I will be doing the outdoors thing this weekend so it could be a bit longer before I get some posted. Tim, I noticed your new build log. The stern pic is in AOTS and I also received a picture of it and the quarter galleries from Russ. I'll forward it on to you.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Good to hear from you, Patrick.  Stay on the mend.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Guest Tim I.

Everybody, thanks for the well wishes. I have been taking it easy and have had some time off of work to relax. I have gotten some work done on Constitution but I am not ready to post pictures yet. I will be doing the outdoors thing this weekend so it could be a bit longer before I get some posted. Tim, I noticed your new build log. The stern pic is in AOTS and I also received a picture of it and the quarter galleries from Russ. I'll forward it on to you.

Thank you. I have the AOTS, but the detail on the illustrations you show put what is in the AOTS into better context. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

- Tim

good to hear your feeling better.....I'll look forward  in seeing your progress.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 1 month later...

Hi Pat, just getting caught up and see you've had some health issues....take it easy my friend and our prayers are out to you. also, Glad to hear you're feeling better...watch the stress...

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Patrick just found and finished reading through your build. Hope you don't mind if I also pull up a chair as a late comer. The Constitution has long been a favorite of mine. She was going to be my next build using the Bob Hunt's practicum. Although as I follow your build I'm second guessing that.

Hope your health is improving with the time away from work. I've always found that picking up a fishing rod (fly rod in my case) and getting out for some quality stream or lake time does wonders for removing stress.

Thanks again for the build log. I anticipate learning a lot to help with my build.

Edited by Desert Sails

• 2 months later...