That's a fine looking hull, she'll be a beauty.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Very nice lines on this ship - it looks great. I'm looking forward to your progress

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Hi

I admit to Bob and Alistair - it is a perfect slim and dynamic hull. It shows the grandezza of this ship very good and makes curious for the progress you will take.

Best wishes

Max

Next: Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde by Euro Model 1:47

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

A life without dogs is possible... but worth to live?

Now she should be polished and prepared for the second planking ...

It is always good to see a new manufacturer on the block Marisstella :)  :) Many points of your design I like a lot.Plenty of bulkheads and the aeropiccola style doweling.With straight dowels and accurate holes(helped by the use of laser and not the antiquated methods employed by the now defunct aeropiccola),you can almost guarantee a true hull with exceptional torsional strength when it comes to planking B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B) .

Only thing I am unsure of is your choice of Oak,especially at the smaller scales,but I will be quite happy if you prove me to be wrong ;)

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Thanks everyone for the compliments ... Nigel,  no, It is not oak, it is lime,  :)  the idea was to make the construction which is as easy to assemble and plank ... lime is soft and easy to cut and form, whole hull is to be painted later, so that, from that point of view, the type of wood is not important. .. I thought the construction with dowels was my innovation, but if someone does the same, it means that this mode is not bad  :) ...

...What am I trying to show here are the constructive characteristics of the hull --- ship lines, contours ... how is this hull easy to plank and shape, this should tell someone else, not me ...  :) 

Nigel, right... in the main we use walnut, rarely goes lime, mahogany and oak really rare, only occasional positions ...

Now everything is sanded and polished ... now I need to plank the hull for a second time ... but first I need to finish some of the images on the draft ... here are the new photos :

post-12038-0-45168000-1483845605_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-17876000-1483845609_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-69297400-1483845611_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-71301300-1483845613_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-34317700-1483845616_thumb.jpg

Edited by MarisStella.hr

... Dear gentlemen, here's a clip from the draft ... I just finished the stern view :

post-12038-0-54675300-1402231647_thumb.jpg

Dear friend

your build Looks beautiful so far. And the stern-view gives an imagination of the beauty of this ship. I hope you will make a kit :)

Best wishes an good progress

Max

Next: Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde by Euro Model 1:47

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

A life without dogs is possible... but worth to live?

Max, thank you very much ... I can say that if I am alive this kit will be produced, maybe next year ... :)

... In parallel with my work, my good friend modeler is doing this model (using this draft) with the intention to compete in the national championship ... His work is appreciated and he always gets medals ...  We have already done the same with the MARISSTELLA projects and succeeded at it ... I really enjoy doing this...

... So , here's another clip from the draft ... I just finished it today, the bow view :

post-12038-0-81455500-1402598562_thumb.jpg

Hello all...

Steve, thanks for the compliments, I'm very glad that you like this project ... this type of vessel is very difficult to build, because of it she is ignored ... There are lot of metal shapes to create ... But above all, this is a real challenge ...I must admit that I really enjoy doing this project...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone ...

Just to say hello and give know that this project is still working ... and this every day ... :)

... another week or two and I will continue with the hull planking ...

... We just finished the reconstruction of the rudder ... now it looks like this:

post-12038-0-96818300-1403698922_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work Marisstella, I had forgotten about this build . you sure stay busy, Looks fantastic

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

• 1 year later...

this is a fine looking build you've got going here.   did you get to finish her?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Popeye, Jean-Pierre,all of you dear gentlemen,

yes, of course we intend to finish this project, wi like it alot ... building this reconstruction, we came across a problem that has taken over a year to us... in fact, we did not find the type of the main yard and the mast top, and we had some problems with the number of the boats. .. now, it seems that we have solved all these problems, we agreed about the types of making ... I need to finish a couple of projects now and I will immediately proceed with the Stefano draft then, namely the amendments to the draft ... we will continue with the development of models then and I will show photographs to you here... Please, if you have any questions, I will be glad to comment answers with you here, I am at your service ...

Best regards

• 4 months later...

Any more developments on this beauty, she is a great looking ship. Would be happy to see more! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to second Mr. Robinson's emotion there. Zoran, I'm sure you are aware of but haven't to my knowledge mentioned the interesting story of the Stefano.  I stumbled across a book that was written in 1992 about the wreck and subsequent ordeal of the two sole survivors http://www.amazon.com/Wreck-Barque-Stefano-North-Australia/dp/0374385858 and as a side note the Western Australia Museum Shipwreck Database on this wreck, which has been located http://museum.wa.gov.au/maritime-archaeology-db/wrecks/stefano .  I was already sold on this ship based on the inherent overall beauty of the subject, but this makes it an even more interesting subject! 

Donrobinson, coxswain,

thank you very much for the compliments ... yes, of course, we intend to finish this model ... Just now I am finishing a metal plate with a photo engraving (etching) elements ... just because of an interesting information, there are 7 copper boards with the 234 plates for coppering the hull (1638 in total) ... I always put some extra material in to my projects, so it is easier to work to modelers ...

We have had several changes of the project, due to research ... we have discussed many details of this reconstruction, it was not easy ... and finally we ended up ... another half of a month and I think that 'Stefano' will be on the stock, ready for sale ... We're working on the design of the box ... it will be a white box of 'forex' material, with old gold print on it ... it will be over 104 cm long, 22 cm wide and 10 cm high ... The plan contains 14 sheets 130cmx90cm ...

Regards, Zoran

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Gentlemen, dear fans, friends,

as , a few years ago, when I created this build log, I was not aware of the quality of this project, I published the photos that were not fully adapted to the seriousness of this work ... To make amends for this omission, please, let me refresh this log with new photos ...

... I have to tell you that we make 'Stefano' for competition now, and that the assembly kit will be on sale for a few weeks ...

Special compliments to DonRobison who encouraged me to take this step ...

Best regards,
Zoran

Edited by MarisStella.hr

You are too generous with your compliments my friend, but Thank You so much. This is too beautiful of a ship to see sit on the shelf uncompleted, I am so looking forward to seeing more progress in your log and even more anxious to see the kit. The Stefano is well worthy of being in a competition so please keep us updated on the progress of the build. 

nice looking hull!  looking forward in seeing more  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch