HMS Victory by Rich.F - FINISHED - Caldercraft - Scale: 1/72

Update before shore leave. 

Greetings All, Thank you every one for dropping by, Leaving a comment advice or a like.

A last update for a month or so while im away... Well The UK Summer is almost over....Did it start and I miss it again..!?

I have stripped the bass plates off, re cleaned and primed the hull. As the Wife wanted a good house clean I did not really start anything messy.  I

have painted the Black strips on the starboard side ATM, a few re do overs for better looking lines..

I did have a few bleeds with the taping but cleaned it up a few touch ups when i get back.

Finally the book has arrived today... The nasty person said I can't take it with us on holiday   :(

Catch up with you all soon

Tc and stay safe and out of trouble... 

post-123-0-24972200-1414253862_thumb.jpg

post-123-0-97756700-1414253867_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rich.f

Rich.

Builds in Progress:   HMS Victory

Completed Builds:   Constucto Enterprise

Future Builds 2021/2022 USS Constitution

Rich,

Lawrence brings up a good point, sometimes a break is just what is needed. Or, if you REALLY have to have it, see if there is a kindel version. Then you can honestly say you left it at home!! :P Somehow I think the Admiral wont see eye to eye with me on that one...Perhaps you might rethink that advice; nothing like a grumpy Admiral with you when on patrol.

Enjoy your trip,

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Im not one to post, to much non ship related info..but........

vacation was fabulous, needed and enjoyable, looking forward to returning to the USA, not done anything with the ship this week catching up on all my friends builds,

I was in two minds about putting the Victory in a case, but while I was a way, I recived a mfsg from my son " to contact him urgent" as we were five hours behind made it a little hard as were were at theame parks allday.

But court up with him, I thought he had crashed the new company van.. NO.... hs wanded to tell us we are going to be grandparents !!.. our first ( mind you im not 40 yet), next year. Lol..

What a great early birthday and Christmas present.

Edited by Rich.f

Rich.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, Well i'll be started Copper plating 3.0 This weekend I wont get much done. I have been reading,watching  and pulling what hair i have left out.

I'm back to the point do i start at the center top or center bottom, this is worse that finding a Christmas present for the wife. oh the joys. I have ready to start center top do several out and down, then wok outward, then I have ready start at the bottom and work up and out till you reach the waterline then work out.

Does anyone know the best looking way for this task?  does anyone what to do it for me! lol 

Well off to work, look forward to any comments

Rich.

Hi Rich,

I have started coppering from the keel.

First 3 or four rows before you get the gore line.

When you take a look at Mobbsie's Agamemnon. he shows you clearly.

Then at the waterline......you can place a little plank or tape to get the last row straight

Hope this will help you a little.

And no, I'll will not do it for you ....... :P  :P

Sjors

Hi

I have been busy coppering from water line down and I am almost totally befuddled now.

I cant help thinking it would have been better to work from the keel up. I think you can run a nice straight line along the bottom of the keel and work up from there. You are still left with a nasty gap between the first line of tiles and the line where the hull joins the keel whichever way you go.  I have decided to paint the underside of the keel in copper paint rather than trying to plate it but I don't know how to finish the bow & stern. So far I have tried folding the plates around the stern post and it looks OK but I don't think it will work on the bow.

Whichever way you go I think the big issue is keeping the butt joints close and trying to avoid tiny infill bits which I think is impossible. I think I will be left with a few very thin infill bits which I will fill and paint!!

I am sure the purists are thinking I am mad but if you are not careful you go mad. Whichever way you go good luck. They tell me this is a form of pleasure but I am having my doubts.

I did trawl the internet etc for guidance but I couldn't find any help on the difficult bits so I suspect there is no right way, you just do your best

Peter

Hello Rich...

Just dropped in on your log and am excited to see how well you are doing.  I just completed the Pinnace (ship's boat)  whch will be the last thing I do regarding this kit.  My model is sitting on its table waiting for the acrylic display cover to arrive.  (Please see my log, link below)

I was notified this morning that the cover won't be ready for another two weeks, so happily, I'll be able to cover the ship before Christmas and get going on something else.  It's good to see another person bulding this kit.  Please let me know if I can help you in any way.  Best,

Jerry

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/1951-hms-victory-by-jerry-jotika-scale-172-1805-version-wood/?hl=%2Bhms+%2Bvictory+%2Bjerry

Greetings All, Thank you every one for dropping by, Leaving a comment advice or a like.

Sjors: : thanks for the info took a while to find his page.

Peter: your right there is no right or wrong way to plate, only advice, which is always gratefully received. 

Jerry: can't wait to see your ship all tall and great in the case.

>> right i have taken all advice pictures and information...and this is how i'm attempting the hull plates v3.0

Starting at the rudder/keel, running all down the false keel until i reach the stem post, then starting center of that should be 21.5 tiles left and right, (this is the total center line),  . Moving left and right. adding another row of tiles, mine had to be bent on one edge about 1.5 mm (( keep it straight)  I then from the center line  

See Picture!  I now have 6 rows.

Tea Break:

Now moving forward to the stem post adding tiles from 5,4, 3 ,2,1, and repeat.. I have about 6 on row one now.. Ill add some picture over the week end,

post-123-0-80078500-1417728228.jpg

Rich.

Hello All, Thanks for the comments and Likes, as always very much appreciated. 

A update for the hull plating, Not had that much time to continue at the moment.  after the weekend I have 3 days till I have 12days off work. so I should get a  lot more done.

Happy Holidays to one and all. :D 

post-123-0-21274100-1419015430_thumb.jpg

post-123-0-29801100-1419015431_thumb.jpg

post-123-0-71010500-1419015433_thumb.jpg

Rich.

post-123-0-19711300-1419613007_thumb.jpg

My old work table that i have used 

post-123-0-64477000-1419613046_thumb.jpg

New work table, that my lovely wife brought. " don't say I help you with your boat"    BOAT......it's a SHIP... 

Love her though!!

Rich.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small update, Copper plates are slow, but coming along. This is the first chance I have had since before the holidays.

post-123-0-24107100-1421614884_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rich.f

Rich.

• 1 month later...

Hello All

Sorry for no updates for a while, I been working on a few decorating in the house.

I been reading when I can MSW,

A very small update,

post-123-0-93080400-1426367576_thumb.jpg

I wonder If my new Friend will add this and get things moving faster.

post-123-0-17609100-1426367582_thumb.jpg

After a vist to a comic con today ' He followed me!

Rich.

Hello All, Thanks for the comments and Likes, as always very much appreciated. 

The Hull is coming along the last few night I have been touching up the paint work, as we have a few friends round for amean so ""wife"" said i need to keep the house clean n tidy.

I'm no the last little bit of the hull.

post-123-0-13130400-1426961206_thumb.jpg

I should have this done this weekend, Depending if I get call out into work :(

I have just been looking at the picture, not really noticed it in the UK day light ! , a few area on the bow needs to be buffed out, I this i think ill leave till all the hull is done and give it a good going over in one go.

Edited by Rich.f

Rich.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings All, Thank you every one for dropping by, Leaving a comment advice or a like.

Well, I now have finished ONE side... Did not realize it's taken so Bloody long. well it was the rd attempt.  Got to right (well I like it).

Anyway.. Ill be starting the other side soon, I have how ever, While reading posts etc, I'm going to paint/Spray the hull in copper before I start.

Tc All

post-123-0-86898700-1428334391_thumb.jpg

Rich.

Hi Sam.

I ment. The side I have yet to start. Im going to spray copper. Just so any gaps tgat "might" show. Will not be in white. And should blend with the copper paint!!

Edited by Rich.f

Rich.