HMS Victory by Rich.F - FINISHED - Caldercraft - Scale: 1/72

Just Sat Down to start a few more gun ports, realized and thought,There is no more 1x10mm, there was only one length I have 5x16m lengths, am I using the wrong size for the gun ports? Oh what a great end to a rubbish day!  Time to make a coffee and re read the book.  :(

Rich.

Builds in Progress:   HMS Victory

Completed Builds:   Constucto Enterprise

Future Builds 2021/2022 USS Constitution

i eventually put the bow gun-ports into place and glad i did so, it takes a while to set up the correct position though, - you build looks great

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Well that was a nice coffee, Yep 1x10mm I have ordered more, Just waiting for them now from CWM ,been looking over what i have done, not sure if I like how the gun ports have come out, I may Prime the wood, and see who it looks after. Still having fun, I either work on the ship or not depending if i'm tired from work etc

Schnu, Im also glad i have not been using the wrong size, but you know when just have that feeling something is wrong.

Kevin, Thanks, Ill have a look at yours in a bit. once i have cleaned up after dinner..

Thanks in advance for stopping by,

Rich.

Hanging head in shame....  :rolleyes:

O,k Guess ill be taking them out then David, Thanks Not like how they sat anyway. :P

David, Think I will get You and the wife to read the instructions next time I read, read and re read that part. then the wife found it..

Rich.

Well I did it I just brought this, I have had hours of fun already...... Hiding it from the wife :)

Not bad for £72.00 ($124 usd )

They had a new other little toys I may get to play with..

post-123-0-95654200-1404576779_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rich.f

Rich.

Congrats rich... How do you hide something this big.. and build noisy.. ??

Hey.. That's exactly the sander I use here too.. In the USA. And thanks for the 4th Greetings.

God Bless the Queen as well.

Another toy that I find indispensable is the small Dremel rechargeable drill. I cannot get along without it putting on the side planks. I predrill my holes partially, and then the nail.. and a hammer.

Forget the push pin gizzy.. I started with it, then got the drill. No regrets..

Again. congrats.. I rarely give structural advice, as there are super model builders here to do that.

Thankfully. I lean on them a lot.

"woodchipper"

or "Woody"

HMS Victory 1804 Caldercraft scale 1.72  (not 1.75) Build start, May 1, 2014.

Hello All, Well even though i brought a new toy, Hid it from the wife....I have told wife now, as there is a few other toys in the catalogue.. She paid for dinner and I never slept on the sofa :)..

Been a busy day. I have planked up no both side to a point were I now need to re add the inner gun port pattens... 

No point of pictures, but i'll add when i inner patterns are added .

Thanks for viewing.

Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

HI everyone, 

Haven't really done any thing been far to busy at work at the moment to to any work in the Ship Yard No 10,

I have played with my sander and cutting 85mm planks for the deck. 

I hope to start planking the deck for the inner gun ports. I'm doing this now before the inner pattens as i'm not happy at the hight of a gun pattens

Right off to work. 

Tc all

Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

HI All, Sorry about the lack of updates, Thank you all for a stopping by looking commenting and/or liking, Very much appreciated.;

I have planking the upper deck  ( not yet at a stage im happy with, needed sanding and  weathering

I have planked up the starboard side above the gun ports im now happy with it, I put the inner patterns in with a strip of 1x4mm in to give my edge, the cannons  fit very nice like this, i still dont understand why the patterns are out...

Ill up date soon,

post-123-0-92959500-1406393953_thumb.jpg

post-123-0-17384900-1406393956_thumb.jpg

post-123-0-59190200-1406393957_thumb.jpg

Rich.

Wife said you hurt his feelings, :D   (Chinchilla) 

Sam Yep, Im still working on the hull, im starting to realize the depth of the build :(

Rich.

HI all,

I have added the Wales (Pic to follow), over the last few days which I found at time hard, well the lineament of the first one, I have how ever, Stand up and say i made a mistake, I used 1x4mm for the upper Wales, For what ever reason I had read it but the time i came to them forgot it should be 1x3.5mm,, So this had to be cut out and re done.  Im happy with it now. 

I now need to start lining the lower gun ports.. Not a task I'm looking forward to....

Rich.

After some help,

I have lost a few part of the lining, I spent about 45min setting up and then trying out some linings, but stopped as I  was a little tried, and tbh was not in the mood to do any to much, i'm still aching from the weekends, ( I got a new tattoo, a few word so celebrate my 15th weeding anniversary) and along day at work with a "" I know it all... and I got I wrong ... Apprentice"")

Anyway..

Q1" is there a good way of doing this?

Q2" What about, putting a match stick style level with the opening before lining? 

thank you in advance

Rich.

Hi Rich.

Making Exelent progress with the Victory. Looks good :)

Well I did it I just brought this, I have had hours of fun already...... Hiding it from the wife :)

Not bad for £72.00 ($124 usd )

They had a new other little toys I may get to play with..

I also got the same sander.

The rotary face was about 1.5 mm out of true when I got mine. The replacement was not much better.

So I bore'ed out the shaft hole and resleaved it.

Other than that it a great sander.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

entry 18 in gil middletons build log shows a simple jig for the linings

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hello rich

If you simply want to add internal shelves inside the gun ports to support the linings , you can also make a simple tool. A few builders have done this. Use 2mm x 2mm balsa for the shelves as you can easily trim it if it is out of position once it's glued. Here's a simple tool you can make to help. DAVID

post-96-0-34476600-1407312960_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-06112500-1407313058_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-99262900-1407313096_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-33129100-1407313134_thumb.jpg

Thank you every one for dropping by, Leaving a comment advice or a like, 

David Thanks for the Pictures, i'll Need to get some 2x2mm. Probably at the week end as tomorrow im out again after work for my Anniversary, 15 Loooong years. But Happy ones.

Again Thanks everyone 

Rich.

Thank you every one for dropping by, Leaving a comment advice or a like, 

With Lining the Gun ports I have taken advices given and battened be hind with 3.2x3.2mm Balsa strip, ( its the smallest size the model shop had)  but I think the right size for this task, worked well Lining with the 1x6mm stips I have spend the best part of about 5hours do the port side lower gun port. I have filled a few that i think looked a little out of place, but happy with them. No rushing sat there watching Tv and a Movie...

The first Picture is me watching Moves on my Tablet as the wife wanted to watch something else, Ill Be working of the port side middle gun ports next tomorrow at some port.

I'm going look maybe next weekend in getting a primer for the wood be for I start painting next month. ( any advice)?

post-123-0-92489200-1407621211_thumb.jpg

post-123-0-16149000-1407621218_thumb.jpg

Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings All, Thank you every one for dropping by, Leaving a comment advice or a like, 

I know I don't always leave a comment on my fellow friends build logs, But enjoy reading comments. &  follow up if and when i can on the laptop.

Small update:>

Still Working on the gun ports, getting there, I have had to re order the red paint. could not find it, why? don't know ! :(

I have painted a few gun ports that are complete. and to be honest a little happier I have painted a few gun ports and looks very nice.

Should have this finished by next weekend.

Rich.