Greek Bireme by bensid54 - FINISHED - RADIO

Thanks Bedford! Two pictures to give you an idea of the size of the motors, ESC and battery when compared to the boat. The top motor speed is a little over one second per revolution. The ESC are reversible which opens up more control options along with more natural fluid motion of the guys at the oars, once the hull is planked I will start of building the propulsion system.

post-12226-0-24698900-1409356894_thumb.jpg

post-12226-0-39434400-1409356904_thumb.jpg

She dwarfs the motors, It sounds like you should have very nice speed control on the oars, I'm looking forward to action videos

They do look small don't they. The torque those motors will put out could easily break the parts they are moving if something jams so it's going to take some dry runs before I put it in water. Videos are going to come when I start with the moving parts now that I have a plan in mind that should work well.

She's much larger than I thought.  What is the over all length?

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

I used to sail 1 meters.  At 42 inches it will look great out on the water.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

I'll see if this works posting from You Tube. Nope can't do it nor can I download video from my computer looks like I can only do still photos that's too bad because videos are always more informative.

Edited by bensid54

Ben,

Goto the youtube video and get the link.  Then you can paste it into your post.  Also, have a look here:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/4513-how-to-upload-short-movies/

Also here:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/1822-youtube/   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

If you want to see the video it's on You Tube under Big Bireme. I would post it here but it is no easy feat.

Hi Bensid54.  That's a very informative video (

).

Thanks for posting and it'd be great to see more vids as you move on.

All the best!

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Bensid54  To be honest, I didn't even realise that I did it either, until I previewed the post later on.  My original intention was to copy only the link so that it was clear that I had viewed your actual video on YouTube and not one of the other trireme-type videos that came up. Unbeknownst to me, however, the system actually embedded the whole video instead of just the link.

I tried to edit it a couple of times to make the link appear and not the video, but I gave up!  I think, in the end, it was certainly helpful that I couldn't change it.  I hope you didn't mind, though.

All the best!

Plank bending time! First I start with a boiling pot of water then I feed the planks into the water bit by bit until I have the desired bend. I hold them in position until cool now all that's left is wait for them to dry before I epoxy them in place.

post-12226-0-38829300-1409589346_thumb.jpg

post-12226-0-72720800-1409589355_thumb.jpg

Ben,

It's possible you need the "embed code" on the video...  (iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/65rGf5-IUpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen)(/iframe)   Note on the code.... use < instead of ( and > instead of )  I suspect you can get that from the video on Youtube but darned if I can find the "embed" button some of them have. 

Otherwise, copy the code above (in red)  and make the () to <> changes and change the 65rGg5-IUpU to the number in the Youtube URL.  

Disclaimer:  I haven't done vids so this is a shot in the dark.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I've tried that mtaylor and I've tried to paste other things on the posts but if I copy from anywhere outside of this website and try to paste the file or dialogue I can't do it, the paste option isn't high lighted when I right click. 

By per chance are you using IE 11?   That seems to be a pretty typical problem with that browser.  If so, you might try rolling back to IE 10 or using Firefox or Chrome.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: