That is sad news.  I met him online back in the DDM days.  He was a talented builder and teacher.  His site has done a lot for modelers and his knowledge and generosity will be sorely missed. :(

This indeed is sad news. He was very helpful to me with comments on my log in MSW1 and I echo Mark's sentiments. However, his legacy continues with his website 'Wooden Ship Modeling for Dummies' which is a real treasure trove for ideas, jigs, hints and tips. Here's hoping they manage to maintain it for a long time.

Tony

Like it is written on the site :

"Hubert left for a better world to join Michèle, his wife...."

Rest in peace, and may his enormous legacy go on to help others in this hobby.

I was saddened to hear of the recent death of Hubert Sicard. Hubert was the owner of the site  " Wooden Ship Modelling for Dummies". He has left a valuable legacy of creative tips and techniques . I mourn this loss of a valued member of the ship modelling community.

Kip

I'm so sorry to hear of Huberts passing.... He was an inspiration to all, His site is a wealth of ideas for ship modelers. He will

be greatly  missed.

Frank

Sad news. Hubert was a great teacher. He helped me out quite alot over the past year. I went onto the site just after his passing to find out about planking that I was working on.

I hope that his site is kept up for the future,it's a great tribute to a great modeler. He is happy now,building and being able to share it with his wife again. My wife passed away just over 5 years ago ,I miss sharing what I am working on every day. She always enjoyed my work,and seeing me happy.

May the wind be at his back,and always be in port before the storm rises.

A teacher always lives on thru their many students. My greatest joy has always been passing on my learned skills in model  and Tool and Die building.

Keith

I am very sorry to hear of this. A lot of us here have had talks with this great man and he was always there to help. May he rest in peace, God Bless

Copied from the WSMFD site...

It's our misfortune to announce the departure of Hubert for another world...
Hubert left for a better world to join Michèle, his wife, in Gaspésie, Québec

Edit:

P.S. just found the other post regarding the loss of Hubert

Edited by BareHook

What a great loss. I admire Hubert for his commitment to detail and to show to the rest of us, how to do things. His site is so full of information it would take days to go through all of it.

Rest in Peace, Hubert.

I emailed the site to express my condolences but also asked if the site was going to continue to be maintained, and it will be.  Such a wealth of knowledge and ideas for a newbie like myself, I was scared to see it go away..

Very Sorry to hear (very late) the he left us. I was just wondering why he did not write something from a long time. Rest in peace. I learned a lot from him

Cristi

Hubert was a caring, intelligent modeling master who never hesitated in answering your questions, Sharing his knowledge, giving you some ideas via a prompt email.May he rest in peace with his wife Michele .Thank you. Edwin

I add my sadness and condolences jn learning (albeit belatedly) of Hubert's passing.

I recall Hubert (Surcouf) from DDM days. He was always helpful with tips and advice. As an early-in-his-modeling hobbyist I benefited greatly from his tips, help, and encouragement. I enjoyed his sense of humor and view of life. He will be missed.

Elia

SURCOUF!!!

That was him??? OMG I remember that guy. Always helpful and full of knowledge. He was an Encyclopedia. So sad for his passing.

Rest in Peace Hubert.

Edited by Ulises Victoria