After a few years off due to business, I have returned to MSW.  I am currently working at Vancouver Shipyards, North Vancouver, BC Canada (1:1 scale ships here).  As time permits, I will post some pictures of my current projects.  Below are thumnails of my Brigantine "Newsboy", 1854 (1:64 scale semi-scratch build); and the 14 Gun Brig "Fair American", circa 1768 (1:48 scale semi-scratch build).

post-5855-0-28075800-1397424432_thumb.jpg

post-5855-0-80255600-1397424482_thumb.jpg

post-5855-0-83943000-1397424483_thumb.jpg

post-5855-0-80898100-1397424549_thumb.jpg

post-5855-0-89507000-1397424550_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete Jaquith

Peter!! Welcome back! You have been sorely missed. Let me get this right. You used to be up in Maine and lived on both coasts spending some of your time in San Diego. Now you are in BC? You were also working on the building of the US Navy DDGs in Maine. I had assumed you might be working on the new DDG 001. For a retired guy you do get around.

Great to have you back, Pete!  I have always enjoyed your clean and meticulous work.

Regards,

Floyd,

I retired in 1999 but continue to do consulting with North American shipbuilders.  I am currently working in North Vancouver, BC on an Canadian Coast Guard program including (4) research vessels and (1) heavy ice breaker.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

It's great to have you back. I've always admired your craftsmanship and it will be wonderful to watch you work again!

Welcome back to the fold Pete like Floyd said you do get around.

David B

Looks like your workshop is still as clean as ever! Don't you ever create any sawdust? You may have forgotten but I instructed you to never share a picture of your shop with my admiral. I think that still stands!

Since you are just a couple hours away. Would you like to come to one of our local club meetings? How long are you going to be in the northwest? You have a free bed in the Seattle area anytime you want to come this way!

Edited by Floyd Kershner

Welcome Back from me too, I am relatively new here on MSW Your models look very sharp and clean indeed. I look forward to seeing more.

Michael

Hi Pete

Welcome back indeed. I just referred your "Newsboy" to another member just the other day but couldn't find any pictures of it. Your work is an absolute must to see and it will be great to see it here again.

Pete - It is good to have you back and active with us.  I think I first saw your work on the old LSS site and have been following along on MSW1 and now MSW2.  Looking forward to seeing more of your clean and meticulous detail going forward.

Bob

Welcome back indeed Peter!

This means we will have the pleasure of following your wonderfull builds again!!!  :dancetl6:

As someone who has also recently returned to the MSW world I offer a bright thumbs up.  And as a fellow Vancouverite I have to ask if you're working on the new ships recently commissioned by the Gov't - I heard stories about the 'billion dollar contracts' on CBC news in the past weeks.  And to echo other sentiments already posted. No Fair that you can keep your work area so neat and organized !!!  ;)

With my two year engagement at Vancouver Shipyard recently completed, I have a break in full size shipbuilding.  Over the next few weeks, I plan to re-establish my shop at my home in San Diego, CA.  Planned construction projects include:

1. Two draw Shaker Work Table for my son/daughter in law
  2. Brigantine Newsboy, 1854 - complete masting and rigging
  3. Brig Fair American, circa 1780 - complete hull planking and construction
  4. Steam Tug Seguin, 1884 - new project
  5. Whaling Brig Kate Cory, 1856 - new project

Moving forward, I hope to continue my full size shipbuilding on a part time basis, thus allowing more time for family and model shipbuilding.

Regards,

Pete

post-5855-0-06350700-1419612135_thumb.jpg

post-5855-0-59956600-1419612163_thumb.jpg

welcome back Pete. I didn't know of you before . Your work looks amazing . looking forward to seeing more! All the best Geoff