Alert by riverboat - FINISHED - Krick - 1/25th scale

Thanks Denis.......  Now I'm hoping i can get the main mast sail  to fit   :P

frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

looks really sweet Frank!    awesome!!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Dirk..... ...a... and Popeye, for your comments,.......... now it's on to the main sail!!!

frank

USRC "ALERT"

Thanks Lawrence..... the fun will begin to start shortly,....... tying off the ropes!! :o ( let's see now, where does this one go ??? )  :D 

frank

USRC "ALERT"

Small update.......  main sail attached to mast. this one I had to cut down some, I wish I had left a liitle more sail to work with on the top,

well anyway it's done. Just have to attach a couple more  blocks to the deck then then I can start the standing rigging, This ought to be fun.... they did'nt include a belaying plan :angry: .... To be honest,I do'nt have the slightest  idea where half of them tie off..... so there might be some confusion goin on in the near future :D

post-73-0-73288200-1441664713_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-11017200-1441664735_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-75909600-1441664770_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-52263500-1441664791_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-80449900-1441664815_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking in.........

frank

USRC "ALERT"

Sails really look first rate, Frank.

Belaying plan ?  You don't need no belaying plan  :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Thanks Augie.... but .. Oh yes I do !!!!

USRC "ALERT"

Looking great, Frank.  I love the furled sail look.   

Belaying plans?  None?   Then I guess you're done?   Great job.. what's the next build? :D  :D :D  

It's a cutter.. there ought to be a belaying plan somewhere that will work.   Although I did see one model where the instructions said: "Rig the ship like the picture on the box"... And I had tossed the box out long before that...   :(

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thats pretty funny Mark....... good thing I still have the box :P

USRC "ALERT"

• 3 weeks later...

small update....... I'm starting the bowsprit rigging....... this is pretty straight forward ... at least the plans show where the lines tie off..... wish I could say that for the remaining rigging  :Whew:  ,, but,,not to worry...... I've got a group of guys here that  really know what they're doing.  :)

frank

post-73-0-08453500-1443310367_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-75661500-1443310392_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-45538300-1443310410_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-04475800-1443310428_thumb.jpg

thanks for looki'n in

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Thanks Pavel........ nice hearing from you........ how's the Bounty coming along? ......  I really liked your paintings..I'm a  big fan of yours!!

frank

Hi Dirk...,,  thanks to your build  of the Alert, I can proceed with the rigging, unfortunately it won't be up to your standards, but at least I'll be able to finish it with some semblance of correctness.Your log has been a stress reliever!! :im Not Worthy:  Thanks!!

frank

P.S.... Thanks for all the "likes"

Edited by riverboat

USRC "ALERT"

Hi Frank,

Just love those furled sails mate, they also have a sympathetic look when compared to the rest of the ship.

If you need any help with the rigging you can always ask a London cab driver, love it mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Thanks Tony...... and.... God Bless those London cabbies :D :D :D

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Just got caught up reading your log and WOW, absolutely beautiful! The aging is superb and the furled sails are exquisite. I'll be following closely, if you've got a spare seat, to watch your rigging. I'm getting closer to this phase and need all the info I can gather. I'm going the furled way as well, gives a better view of all the hard work.

Matt - aka The Squirrel Whisperer

Current builds - Benjamin W. Latham by Matt

Competed builds - USS Ranger by Matt

HMS Bounty Launch by Matt

18th Century 10" Sea Mortar by Matt

18th Century Naval Smoothbore by Matt

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

Its nice to catch up with this enjoyable build!

Well done, Daniel

To victory and beyond! http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/

See also our german forum for Sailing Ship Modeling and History: http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/

Finest etch parts for HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller Kit) and other useful bits.

http://dafinismus.de/index_en.html

catching up as well Frank..........got some really nice progress going on!  I wish I could be helpful with the rigging........if I had a diagram,  I'd sent it to ya!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of guidance along the way!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Thank you Frank, it goes well now, slowly but my working tempo is rising up, cos somer is gone. But i have a lot of things to do like now i´m painting wall in room of my cousin, than my friend would like to have room paint by me. I´m still working and my longest and best project is the ship,so boredom has no chance. :D  

UPDATE TIME....... just a small one :P ....... progress is being made !!!.... bowsprit is finished and foremast is almost finished..... all blocks and lines are attached, I want to mount the yards first before the back stays are set...... the ropes coming down from the yards have to be attached at the foot of the mast

the back stays would be a pain if they were in the way. Right? .... of course..... the second shot is a little out of focus (sorry).... I don't know what happened, I asked my camera and it didn't know either, something got messed up!! Any how , here's whats going on.... Thanks for looking in...

Frank         

post-73-0-76983500-1444434452_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-06220100-1444434471_thumb.jpg

These are the mizzen fore stays... they are huge!!!

post-73-0-82638100-1444434492_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-43761500-1444434519_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-19731400-1444434541_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-66756900-1444434561_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-30725000-1444434580_thumb.jpg                                             

USRC "ALERT"

Rigging is looking awesome Frank! The bowsprit looks really, really sharp!

Matt - aka The Squirrel Whisperer

Current builds - Benjamin W. Latham by Matt

Competed builds - USS Ranger by Matt

HMS Bounty Launch by Matt

18th Century 10" Sea Mortar by Matt

18th Century Naval Smoothbore by Matt

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

Thanks Matt and Dave....... remarks coming from guys like you two are very much appreciated... thanks for your comments!!

Frank

Thanks again to Matt  ...David B...  Dirk .... Dafi.... Popeye.... and Pavel for your previous comments

and all the "likes"

Edited by riverboat

USRC "ALERT"

Excellent rigging, Frank.  And don't let the camera fool you.  They are known liars and will tell you anything...    :P  :P

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Mark.... so I finding out  :P

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

gee Frank.........your going like a house a fire!  splendid rigging so far.   apparently........you figured out how to do it  ;)  great job!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Frank, allowing a ship to get into such an appalling state tells me you only have one thing to do, sack the crew mate. :10_1_10:

Your doing a superb job on the rigging buddy and your right, the Mizzen Forestays do seem a bit large, but if that's what's called for then so be it. Only you have to be happy with it mate. :im Not Worthy:

Looking forward to more updates my friend

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Hi Frank , sorry I hadn't visited your build log until now and i'm feeling a little bit guilty... :( :(  I must say you work on Alert at every stage is great!! :) :)

Looking forward for your progress on the build.

Kind Regards

Dimitris

Current Build: Amerigo Vespucci -Mantua- 1:100 scale

Completed Build logs: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Gallery: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Future Build: Royal Caroline -Panart- 1:47 scale