Alert by riverboat - FINISHED - Krick - 1/25th scale

Great work Frank.  Really dig it.

- Bug

Hi Frank, I stopped in to check things out and it is all looking great. I am in the midst of trying to furl sails on my Mayflower and am having a hard time getting results even remotely close to yours. So.... if you happen to be in the neighbourhood please stop in and tutor me a little ;)  :)

Have a Good Day

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing :):o!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

• 1 month later...

Finally!! finished....... I posted a small video for now, I have to get some more pvc pipe for my photo backdrop. This model is a lot bigger than my last one ,so I need to extend the backdrop ...then I'll take some still shots and post them, Excuse the shakes!! Thanks for look'n in.

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Thanks for your "Wow" Denis..... really appreciated...

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Frank,

Yes ! this one is a real beauty. So appreciate all of the weathered details. You so captured this. Excellent build.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Congratulations Frank - very clean and crisp 'dirty' work created a beauty.

BTW - how did you fix the staysails on the stays? Metal rings?

Cheers

peter

Frank just caught up with your work, she looks fantastic, love the way you have attached the sails in the furled position

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Before I thank every one I have a couple questions I'd like to ask...... First ...... if you notice, there are no ratlines on this ship....my question is , how did they get up to the yards to fix the sails?........ Secondly..... look at the bottom of the fore mast and see how crowded it is with the hatch and pin rack..... how could they work the ropes ? ,,, Thanks...

Michael....... Thank you for your nice comments...always appreciated.

Dan      .......  Nice of you to stop by and  comment,, thanks.

Sjors  .......    Not sure what my next one will be .... maybe some armor for a change.... I'll see...Thanks!!

Dirk    ......... Like I told Sjors not sure what I'm going to do...... thanks again Dirk for your build log it helped me tremendously!!!

Peter  ........  Thanks for stopping by..... I used 4mm metal rings to attach the fore sails.

Kevin .......   Glad you likes the sails, it was fun doing them...thanks for looking in.

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Great job! I look forward to your next ship!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hi Frank

Re getting to the top of the masts, I am not that sure but would they have used a bosns chair ( not sure if I have spelt that correct ).

Denis

Elijah...... Glad you liked the Alert, thanks for stopping by.....

Denis........ You got me...I haven't got the slightest clue..... I was just curious, maybe someone will come up with something!!

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Hey Frank, so you now have a ship that has almost as many wrinkles as you, :piratetongueor4:   :D  :D :D  :rolleyes:  

She looks absolutely amazing mate, I love the way you have got the deck all laid out, just superb. :cheers:

You have to put under cover mate, with all that's going on she'll be a nightmare to try and dust and she deserves a place of honour. :dancetl6:

No pressure but when are you laying the keel for your next one. :P

Be good my friend

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Hi  Tony........... How true, How true, ( about the wrinkles ) :D . I'm not sure what I want to do next. I have 3 kits , MSW Baltimore, AL Swift (1989)version

and an Amati Bomb Ketch. I don't have a feel for either of them.   :(  I've been looking at AL Marina ll ,which is a nice little tug and an AL Chinese junk . :P I really like both of these.

I'll wait a little though, I might do some armor I have too, just to break away for awhile . We'll see..... take care my friend, thanks for looking in.

Frank                       

USRC "ALERT"

Congratulations on a wonderful build, Frank.   I agree with Mobbsie... get her under cover.  Have a good break.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Mark.... I don't know about the case, this is a pretty good size  ship , I'm afraid it would take up all my savings :( .... :D :D

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Very impressive Frank! I wondered the same thing about the rat lines on my cutter. The two options I would imagine could be used are a chair(like a window washer) or a rope ladder. The ladder seems like it would get the job done faster, just a guess. Love what you've done!

Matt - aka The Squirrel Whisperer

Current builds - Benjamin W. Latham by Matt

Competed builds - USS Ranger by Matt

HMS Bounty Launch by Matt

18th Century 10" Sea Mortar by Matt

18th Century Naval Smoothbore by Matt

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

HI Matt.... thanks for your  nice comments.... Denis R mentioned the same thing about the chair too....... kind of strange , I did'nt know about the rope ladder though....... Well anyway it's finished . I  posted all the photos in the gallery.I just ordered the A.L. Marina ll , it's a  bonita boat....should be a fun build....... See ya later!!!.....................

and  ........... I'd like to give a special thanks to Russ and Chuck for all their help with the spiling  process, a long with Dirk's excellent build of his "Alert", which was my guide thru out the  whole build ( thanks Dirk!!)....... and last but not least, a BIG thanks to all that supported my efforts along the way.....    

Frank....... Now!! to end this journey....  ta da!!!!

post-73-0-00416800-1458665754_thumb.jpg

USRC "ALERT"

You have left lots to see and learn in your log Frank, a truly fantastic build. I'll be looking forward to your next one.

Take Care Buddy

HI Matt.... thanks for your  nice comments.... Denis R mentioned the same thing about the chair too....... kind of strange , I did'nt know about the rope ladder though....... Well anyway it's finished . I  posted all the photos in the gallery.I just ordered the A.L. Marina ll , it's a  bonita boat....should be a fun build....... See ya later!!!.....................

and  ........... I'd like to give a special thanks to Russ and Chuck for all their help with the spiling  process, a long with Dirk's excellent build of his "Alert", which was my guide thru out the  whole build ( thanks Dirk!!)....... and last but not least, a BIG thanks to all that supported my efforts along the way.....    

Frank....... Now!! to end this journey....  ta da!!!!

attachicon.gifDSC_0027 copy (1024x681).jpg

Hi Frank,

I fully second Dirk`s comment, love that pic of your post # 476.....  :)  :)

Congrats to that beautiful build, it looks lovely

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

MAGNIFIQUE!!!

Beautiful ship, you have done an amazing work on it. I love the authentic, worn look you gave her.

Well Done Frank! :)

Jean-Philippe (JP)

Current build: SyrenRattlesnake (Scratch built)

:dancetl6:Please visit and subscribe to my YouTube Channel

On Hold: MayflowerHMS Victory Cross Section
Completed:   Armed Virginia Sloop, Viking ship,  The Flyer, Pilot BoatKrabbenkutterMarie-JeanneSloup, The Smasher

Thanks!! ....Dirk.....Don..... Nils..... JP......  The old man Has to take a nap now!  :D

Frank

Edited by riverboat

USRC "ALERT"

Enjoy a well-deserved nap, Frank.   The picture in #476 is magnificent.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Frank,

Again - sooo lovely indeed. Yes #476 does this one justice. Awesome work.

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Thanks Mark and Michael for your thoughts..... Now ... back to sleep  :P

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Frank, really well done!  I can't believe I missed it!  You're a master at the weathering techniques - she looks like a worn, beat-up old thing, and I mean that in a good way!

Congratulations, look forward to seeing your next masterpiece!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)