Schooner Ingomar by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/278 - Hereshoff designed

• 2 months later...

Hi... excuse me  for intrusion but small tip.
Plasticard is in fact styrene, suppose that all know, but its also the part of many different cups and boxes in "normal" commerce and its marked (in Europe but I think also in other ) as triangle with symbol PS 06
thin polystirene you can find in cups for yogurt and similar (so when we buys yogurts, my wife looks at the upper part; ingredients, price, date... and I look at the lover part "PS 06 OK, otherwise NO it's not good"), often is (transparent or white) the single use glass in coffee/drink automates...
also the packaging boxes for frozen meals, cakes ... are from that material.. (not to confuse with expanded poystirene, softer, with visible structure and not so thin)
I wrote all this because sometimes you don't need too much of material and the dealer is distant, close (My glue, paint, spare parts finish twenty minutes after the shops closed).. and also sound good.. you are recycling ;)

One more an I promise that I will stop..(don't shoot me ..)
In comerce you have many types of glues but some types are better because in fact it dissolve and weld two parts of  styrene in one body, for example the Tamya green cap liquid glue.. or ..if is difficult to found you can use small quantity of acetone

Edited by Leo-zd

Noo it's OK nobody in model's universe uses to say styrene...it's normally called plasticard or as the best known producer "Evergreen" 
I only wanted to indicated that exists usable plasticard in our everyday life ;)

I use the clear stuff to make windows and such........there are different thicknesses and that's a good thing ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

that's awesome, looks difficult

Hi WEich1213

Many thanks for your compliments. Yes, it may seem difficult, but I just took things step by step and it all seemed to come together pretty well.

But, you know what, it doesn't really matter, because at the end of the day, it's all about fun and relaxation.

Thanks once again and all the best!

Patrick